- blamplAsked on November 12, 2012 at 12:25 PM
Is it possible to set up a single opt-in option instead of a double one when integrating JotForm with MailChimp?
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on November 12, 2012 at 02:06 PM
May I ask what you specifically mean by "single opt-in"?
Do you want to automatically subscribe users to your mailing list without asking for a confirmation?
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on November 12, 2012 at 02:19 PM
If we understand you correctly, please take a look at the "Send Opt-In Email" option. You can disable it in order to avoid Double Opt-In process.
However, even with our Single Opt-In your user will get a thank you confirmation message from Mailchimp with unsubscribe link in it (just in case they were signed up by someone else).
- blamplAnswered on November 12, 2012 at 05:42 PM
Thank you. So if I understand, I just uncheck the Send Opt-in Email." I that correct? BTW...I really like the paragraph at the bottom. That's exactly what I am looking to do.
Finally, just want to make sure that doing it this way won't be a big problem if using MailChimp. I know they are pretty adamant about the double-opt in. But I also understand that some people don't follow up with the confirmation, and you lose subscribers that way.
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on November 12, 2012 at 05:53 PM
You are completely right, you just need to uncheck the Send Opt-In Email option. As far as I understand, Single Opt-In with confirmation email is acceptable for Mailchimp and you should not have problems with this.
Also, it is possible to use a Send If Choice is checked option to add the subscription confirmation checkbox within a form.
Thank you for using our services.
- blamplAnswered on November 12, 2012 at 09:43 PM
Thanks! When you say, "it is possible to use a Send If Choice is checked option to add the subscription confirmation checkbox within a form," is that the same as sending a Thank You for Subscribing message?
- JotForm SupportidarktechAnswered on November 12, 2012 at 11:13 PM
Yes, subsriber will be able to received subscription confirmation message. Example:
- blamplAnswered on November 12, 2012 at 11:30 PMThanks for showing me.It's clear now what that option is. In the future. if I wonder what something like this will look like, can I choose it and send a copy to myself so I can see it before I finalize the choice? .
- JotForm SupportidarktechAnswered on November 13, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Of course you'll be able to received submissions from JotForm when someone submits the form, is this what you are referring to? If not, can you expand it a bit? Thanks!
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on January 11, 2016 at 03:44 PM
@ghancockjr, this is an old thread, your question will be addressed on this thread: http://www.jotform.com/answers/741812