- IAlwaysTravelAsked on November 13, 2012 at 10:14 AM
Today, I requested my user name changed from CECCE to IAlwaysTravel.
I also asked if it would mess up my old forms. Unfortunately, the chat agent, Jonathan, never answered the second question and I did not push him on it.
He simply changed the name and asked me to check by logging in.
NOW ALL OF MY OLD FORMS ARE INVALID!!!
Please help because this is a HUGE PROBLEM.
- moonzkieAnswered on November 13, 2012 at 10:36 AM
Sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. The reason why your forms are invalid is because you are using the custom form URL, which is using your username as a part of the URL itself, and since you have changed your username all you have to do is to manually edit the form URLs to fix this.
You just have to change CECCE to IAlwaysTravel in your form URL.
Hope this helps. If you need further assistance, please do let us know.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on November 13, 2012 at 10:44 AM
My big apology for the confusion.
I would like to assure you though that none of your forms are invalidated due to the change in username. As my colleague already mentioned, the forms using custom URL is the only reason that the form was not found (an http common 404 error). But this does not invalidate or ruin a form.. it just could not see it due to different in address.
Thank you for understanding.
- CECCEAnswered on November 13, 2012 at 11:47 AMOf course I know the form is still there but using a different directory name, but now I have to resend the links to everybody that has forms that are currently being used. The forms are also on a couple of websites and those will need to be changed also. Not to mention, I also use the forms on .pdf files which will need be changed.
I did ask, but let the question drop. The rep didn’t even say after the change that there would an issue with existing forms.
Thank you for choosing IALWAYSTRAVEL.COM for your travel and vacation needs.
(404) 806-6929 Office
(404) 806-0299 Fax
NOTE: All rates are subject to change and are not guaranteed until booked.
5200 Dallas Hwy #200, Box 258 Powder Springs, GA 30127-6238 (888) 348-4297 Toll-Free
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on November 13, 2012 at 11:58 AM
I understand your point and you are correct.
I did not realize that you were using custom URL on your form. I should have mentioned that during our chat session. It was an 'issue' that I got oversight on my part.
Please do inform us if we can assist you in anyway specifically in changing the URL address.
I understand you wanted the changed in username, so I rather not suggest that we change it back, -- just to ease you of the trouble changing the URL address for the forms.