- fmzbcdumfriesAsked on November 15, 2012 at 10:48 AM
When a user fills out form and submit and get the thank you pop up it comes up black and unreadable to my custom thank you message.
- fxrAnswered on November 15, 2012 at 11:31 AM
Is this happening to one form in particular or all of them?
- fmzbcdumfriesAnswered on November 15, 2012 at 12:06 PMTo all of them
- fxrAnswered on November 15, 2012 at 12:24 PM
Have you changed them back to the default thankyou message?
Its almost certainly an issue with this lighbox plugin you are using.
Is it possible to enable one of the forms with your custom thankyou message (or perhaps put one on a test page using the same lightbox plugin) so that we can have a look at exactly whats happening?
- fmzbcdumfriesAnswered on November 15, 2012 at 12:29 PMI did not change them back to the default thankyou message.
Do you want me to create a new test form and select the custom thankyou and see if it is still happening?
- JotForm SupportEduardoMendezAnswered on November 15, 2012 at 01:12 PM
I have submitted a test on one of your forms and here is the Thank You message.
It is the default thank you msg.
Can you please let us know which form is giving you the issue?
We'll wait for your response!
- fmzbcdumfriesAnswered on November 15, 2012 at 01:15 PMThank you
Can you check the custom one that is only on the building use request forms and the building use and grain of heaven use request form?
- JotForm SupportDeygusAnswered on November 15, 2012 at 02:13 PM
I tested it too on both the form's mentioned and I was unable to replicate the black screen.
Are you able to send us a screenshot of the blackscreen that you are referring to for this problem?
It is also possible that if you or someone else is using outdated software for webbrowsing this may be the reason why you are seeing this problem since it may not be able to read the embedded source to decode and emphasis on it with a recent viewable style. I would recommend making sure your web browser is up-to-date and is the latest version if you have not done so already.
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on November 15, 2012 at 02:29 PM
I think that I was able to reproduce the problem on your Building Use Request Form with Lightbox effect.
Can you please try to place your Thank You message into a div with specified background color?
For example you can try something like this:
<div style="background: white; height: 400px;">
<div style="text-align: center;">
Your submission has been received.</div>
I hope it may solve the problem.
- fmzbcdumfriesAnswered on November 15, 2012 at 02:56 PMYes can you give me instructions on how to do that
When I go into the thankyou page there are no options for me
- fmzbcdumfriesAnswered on November 15, 2012 at 02:57 PMThanks you so much it is fixed
- fmzbcdumfriesAnswered on November 16, 2012 at 08:58 AMGood Morning Mike,
I don’t know what happen but it is back to giving me a black thank you pop up. Can you help me?
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on November 16, 2012 at 09:23 AM
I checked your "Building Use And Grain Of Heaven Request Form" Thank you page. It seems that the division <div> style suggested by Mike_T no longer exists in the Thank you page of the form.
Perhaps it has been resetted to default Thank you page.
Please try to apply again the html code particularly the div background color.
Please inform us if the issue persist after applying the workaround.
- fmzbcdumfriesAnswered on November 16, 2012 at 09:26 AMHow do I set the html code for the div background color when I don’t see where u can change it. Can you send me instructions? Or do you want me to select the default then test , then select the custom thank you again
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on November 16, 2012 at 09:44 AM
I did this on a clone of your form..
Here is the step in order to go to the html code of the Thank you page.
1. You should be editing the form in the form builder
2. Click on the Thank You button.
A Thank you dialog box will open, make sure that thank you message is selected among the options. Then click on Next button
3. The thank you message template will open. Click on the HTML editor(1), then paste/add the div code on the very top, and </div> at the last code(2).
Click on Update button when all done.
Save then test the form.
Please inform us if you are not able to follow it.
- fmzbcdumfriesAnswered on November 16, 2012 at 10:35 AMI just added the default thank you and it poped up right
Then wen back in and added the the custom thank you and it is still showing a black nonreadable thank you
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on November 16, 2012 at 10:46 AM
In the step -- you should not hit the Default Thank You page before hitting the Custom Thank You page. Because when you do that, it reset again the custom thank you page.
As is now, after checking your form custom thank you page, the custom <div> style are gone again.
Please just click on Thank You, then make sure Custom TY page is selected then click on Next button. Then click html and apply the <div> code.
Hope this help.
- fmzbcdumfriesAnswered on November 16, 2012 at 10:54 AMCan you give me the div code to add to the html
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on November 16, 2012 at 11:01 AM
Please add this code...
<div style="background: white;">
- fmzbcdumfriesAnswered on November 16, 2012 at 11:59 AM
Your building request has been received and will be reviewed by facilities for availability. Please check the church calendar prior to your meeting for official room assignments.
I added the code and still same problem
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on November 16, 2012 at 01:04 PM
Please let me know in what specific form are you working on so I can check and test it.