- ctabor1Asked on November 15, 2012 at 03:57 PM
I was trying to follow your directions for merge to line above, but the example you give in your User Guide doesn't exist in the form properties or options ...Â (attached)
I either want to put these fields (questions) across from each other to better utilize the space or put the check box options into columns... but when I did the column options, each checkbox overlapped each other.Â
I made the form wider to hopefully accommodate, but that didn't seem to make a difference.
Visit my form I'm starting to build here...Â
Big suggestion...Â when I click over to FAQ or Support, it takes me away from my form... I know I can open in another window or tab, but I forget... can you make that area automatically open in another window?
- fxrAnswered on November 15, 2012 at 04:09 PM
Just change the label alignment to 'top'Â
Click on the field and hit the grey cog on the right and select properties.Â
You will see a label align field, change it from 'Auto' to 'Top' and inspect the result.Â
- ctabor1Answered on November 15, 2012 at 04:20 PMStill doesnâ€™t look right, or what I wantâ€¦ this is more what I had in mind:
Alsoâ€¦ did the align top as you demonstrated, â€¦ and it made the question full widthâ€¦ so, if I went with columns for the answers, that would be okâ€¦ but look what happensâ€¦
I tried changing form width 850 and label width to 185â€¦ but that wasnâ€™t the answer I guessâ€¦
- ctabor1Answered on November 15, 2012 at 04:24 PMALSOâ€¦ My edit HTML is not workingâ€¦ Iâ€™m assigning boldâ€¦ 12 or 14 pt., but nothing happensâ€¦
- fxrAnswered on November 15, 2012 at 04:29 PM
Them screenshots didnt pull through.Â
Can you try posting them as links or to the forum thread directly, as obviously its quite difficult to work out how to want the form to look without them! :)Â
We will address the HTML edit button issue once we get this first issue sorted out, (or you could just open a seperate thread for it and work through both at the same time)Â
- guest_23183690215047Answered on November 15, 2012 at 04:37 PM
Darn, I guess I have to host these somewhere...Â
I'll be back with them shortly.
- ctabor1Answered on November 15, 2012 at 04:47 PM
FYI... got the html to work by making sure I selected a specific font. Seems it should default, though.
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on November 15, 2012 at 05:01 PM
Only shrunken fields can be merged (or positioned) on the same line. That means, you will need to shrink those fields first.
Perhaps that guide you were referred from needs some rewording.
Do let us know if you're still having problems.