- jackieshellerAsked on November 19, 2012 at 11:21 AM
I can't seem to get this to work on IE8 or IE9, is there any known browser compatibility issues? The form looks great on Chrome, FF, etc. But in IE some of the formatting up the upload button is off, and the upload button itself doesn't work at all (dead click behavior). Any help here?
The form in my account is titled: "List Your Dress".
A live version of the form on our site can be found here: http://www.nearlynewlywed.com/pages/list-your-dress
- jackieshellerAnswered on November 19, 2012 at 11:48 AM
I've confirmed that this also doesn't work in IE8 when I use the blank template "filepicker.io" example form listed here: http://www.jotform.com/blog/61-Filepicker-io-JotForm-Let-Your-Users-Upload-Files-From-the-Cloud . It DOES work using the totally blank template and IE9.
However, on my actual form (and the form on my site) do not work with EITHER IE8 or IE9. I am ok leaving IE8 behind if we need to, but need to support IE9.
Am I doing something wrong?
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on November 19, 2012 at 11:57 AM
Can you please try re-embedding the form using the iFrame embed option? Kindly let us know if it works on IE 9. As for IE 8, I may have to submit a ticket to our developers so they can try to find out a solution, if there's any available.
- jackieshellerAnswered on November 19, 2012 at 01:13 PM
Works on IE9, should have thought of that. Thanks!
Do you know why my CSS on the submit button doesn't work in IE9? (button shows up as blue, not pink). Is it just a random CSS rule that isn't supported in IE9?
IE8 is still a problem. If you know how to fix it let us know, we'd love to get it working. If not, or if it's a massive pain, we're fine with dropping it. Bane of my existence.
- jackieshellerAnswered on November 19, 2012 at 01:15 PM
Your support is awesome btw. You guys are always so fast and helpful!
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on November 19, 2012 at 01:26 PM
The submit button appears in pink on my end, at least in IE 8. Please let me know if the submit button is still in blue on your form's direct link:
I'll go ahead and submit a report ticket for the IE8 and filepicker issue.
- jackieshellerAnswered on November 19, 2012 at 03:18 PM
It's still showing up blue for me in IE8 and IE9. I use Spoon.net to use virtualized versions of IE to test cross-browser stuff. Here are two photos showing what I'm talking about. Not sure if it's unsupported CSS (though IE9 should support most standard CSS and we haven't done anything fancy) or something else.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on November 19, 2012 at 04:41 PM
I also was able to reproduce this issue both in IE8 & IE9
My colleague NeilVicente had already submitted the ticket for this issue. You will be informed immediately when fixed and new update is available thru this thread.
- jackieshellerAnswered on November 28, 2012 at 02:31 PM
Just wondering if there were any updates here, or whether it was just a user error on my part somehow. Thanks!
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on November 28, 2012 at 02:48 PM
This is not your fault, something is wrong either with Filepicker.io IE8 compatibility or with our integration.
We are very sorry for the delay, but our Developers are working hard on other urgent and important things, so that we can not provide any ETA on this. However, the issue has been already assigned to one of our Developers and marked as important one.
As soon as we get any updates, we will get back to you.
- jackieshellerAnswered on November 28, 2012 at 05:22 PM
Sounds good, you guys are rockstars at support and your product is amazing so I trust your prioritization.
- prowebsoftwareAnswered on December 11, 2012 at 10:38 AM
This is a big issue for us as well!
Any updates on this? IE7, and 8 are broken - the button does nothing. Not tested in IE9. Works in all other browsers I think.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on December 11, 2012 at 10:54 AM
Thank you for the update bump.
Our Developers have not provided status update here yet. But they will certainly post response on this thread once they have updates ready and available.
- XMAAnswered on February 14, 2013 at 04:35 AM
Just tried to use this feature and have the same issue.
Do you have an update, or any rough idea of when you may be able to get a fix in place?
- JotForm SupportEduardoMendezAnswered on February 14, 2013 at 10:44 AM
The ticket has been assigned to one of our developpers who is working on a solution.
The priority of this ticket has been set to "important"
As soon as there are any news our dev team will update this thread.
Thanks for your continued patience!
- photos2videoAnswered on March 17, 2013 at 08:10 PM
This is critical for me too.
Please get it fixed. For me it does not work on IE8 even when I use iframe
- 14u2ponderAnswered on May 19, 2013 at 10:05 AM
I also need this to work in ie 8. Very important.
- moonzkieAnswered on May 19, 2013 at 11:20 AM
I already have requested for an update on this bug.
Thank you for your patience.
- ballandbuckAnswered on June 09, 2013 at 02:22 PM
Wanted to see if there was any update for this bug?
- dinesh-itAnswered on June 09, 2013 at 02:34 PM
Hi, The Bug report has been assigned to our developers and marked as important. We will update you via this thread if we get any update on this. Sorry for the inconvenience.
- ballandbuckAnswered on June 09, 2013 at 02:34 PM
Thanks for your response!