- ThermopylaeAsked on November 20, 2012 at 05:06 PM
We need a form that will be able to perform the following scenario:
-A user selects a specific item(s) from a drop-down field of some sort (radio button, check box, etc) and submits the form
-That form now updates its drop-down field options to not include the previously submitted item(s) for the next user submission.
This way we can have user's choose an option and it will be recorded, and the next user will not see that option so there will be no overlap or confusion in selections.
Is this possible with a Jotform?
- fxrAnswered on November 20, 2012 at 05:12 PM
I dont really know how feasible this is going to be, because you can't have the form auto-submit based on a feild selection.
There may be workarounds for the other functionality you describe, but how complicated are forms and exactly what is it you are looking to do?
- ThermopylaeAnswered on November 20, 2012 at 07:17 PMThanks, I'm looking for the form to not display the options which a previous user has chosen.So say the form has these three options in a drop down field: Green Red BlueA user chooses Red and submits form.Ten minutes later another user goes to the same form and in the same fieldThe only options the second user sees in the same field to choose from are now only Green Blue
- ThermopylaeAnswered on November 20, 2012 at 07:23 PMIn a form User 1 sees these options in a custom drop-down form field: Red, Blue, Green. They choose Red and submit the form. Ten minutes later, User 2 goes to same form and only see the Blue, Green options in that drop-down field. They do not see Red because User 1 had already chosen it.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on November 20, 2012 at 08:20 PM
First of, I tell you now that there is no means yet to validate the previous submitted informations of the form into the same or another form.
So, there is really no way for the form's any function to be able to know what was the info/data of the previous form responder. The form cannot react to this.
You can only setup predefined static data using Conditional-Logic-on-Forms . This means SHOW/HIDE fields, redirect URL or email messages base on condition rules.
The most extreme that you can do about this is to use the form's source code . This will allow you to program your own functions and include it in the form's code.
Hope this help. Please inform us if you have further inquiry.