- guest_23276038810047Asked on November 23, 2012 at 03:22 PM
Whats the best way to embed nicely the forms in my android HTML 5 / java script app ?
Should I use iframe ?
I need it to fit to the size of the phone and look as native as possible. do you have such templates or option ?
if not what is the closest ?
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on November 23, 2012 at 03:45 PM
Can you tell us the specific android phone you prefer to use the form? If we know this, we can provide appropriate suggestion to the exact fitting form on the android phone. Provide us also the form you are working this on.
Basically, you would want the form to have a smaller dimension (width) as much as possible in consideration to the smaller screen display of mobile/phones.
- guest_23276038810047Answered on November 23, 2012 at 04:29 PM
I need for two types of devices -
1. Tablet with 8.1 inch screen (unknown brand)
2. Phone: Samsung Galaxy S2
The question if it will be native HTML 5 ? if not whats the best alternative
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on November 23, 2012 at 04:36 PM
Thank you for the speedy response. But can you also tell me if you have work on a form already? I would like to test the form on this devices.
- guest_23276038810047Answered on November 23, 2012 at 04:51 PM
yes, username rleitman
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on November 23, 2012 at 05:20 PM
Using your forms, this is how they look on android devices
Samsung Galaxy S2
Samsung Galaxy Tablet
If the forms are embedded on a website, -- usually iframe code is more suitable if the web page will be using other scripts as well. Using iframe code will make sure the scripts do not conflict.
If you are certain that no such script issue will happen, you can use the script embed code.
The thing with iframe code is, it will not follow the style scripts on the page... meaning, the form will maintains its look and feel on how it was created.
The script code will blend with the stylesheet in the page as long as it does not encounter script conflict.
Hope this help. Please inform us if you have further inquiry.