- aklettnerAsked on November 23, 2012 at 08:34 PM
I have a very simple order form with paypal integration. Hitting the submit button takes the buyer to paypal just fine and upon completion of their info there they can choose the link to go back to our website. They then receive the Thank You message I set up in JotForm, but then are stuck there. No option but to close out.
On my end, I am not receiving any notification emails from this form. We have 4 orders which are showing as completed in PayPal. In answer to another support question, I see that directions are given for enabling IPN Messages within the PayPal account profile and a JotForm IPN URL is given as the notification URL for PayPal. Is this what I need to enable and set up in order to start receiving the form notification emails from the JotForm form?
Also, how can I set up my form so that the submitters can navigate out of my Thank You message?
Thank you very much for your help!
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on November 23, 2012 at 09:04 PM
Hello aklettner. May I know if at the time you have not received your email alerts, did you see your submitted orders on the submissions page? Or did you have to check and process it in your Incomplete Payments list?
If there is no need for you to go to the Incomplete Payments, then there is no need for you to configure your IPN. What you're experiencing is just non-receipt of email.
Regarding your email problem:
May we know if you have received an email from Paypal as well that you have received payment for each order? This should confirm that the payment on your Paypal has been completed.
I also noticed that your email address on your email notifications is not properly typed:
You can either separate them with a comma (,) or a semi-colon (;)
Your Thank You Message:
For your Thank You message concern, you can actually put a clickable link where the form user can be redirected for further navigation.
To do this:
1. Edit your Thank You message and type the name of the link
2. Highlight the text where you would like to become a link. Once highlighted, you will notice the chain icon on the tool bar will be enabled. Click that.
3. After clicking the chain link icon, a pop-up will appear. Provide the proper link on the Link URL field beginning with http://. Once you have provided the link, click the insert button. You'll notice that the highlighted text will turn to blue and underlined.
4. Click the Finish button on the Thank You wizard and save your form.
Please let us know if you need further clarification on this.
- aklettnerAnswered on November 24, 2012 at 09:39 AM
Thank you for the information and quick reply. The submissions are going through fine and being completed in PayPal. I see now that the issue may be with the incorrect punctuation in the address area. I even checked that a couple of times. Perhaps the real problem is that I need stronger glasses! I will fix that and cross fingers.
Thanks also for the suggestion regarding the thank you message link. That makes good sense!
We appreciate all of you at JotForm very much! You are always patient with questions and so helpful. We are grateful that you offer a free level of pricing for us small users as well. As a little non-profit, saving every penny is crucial.
- moonzkieAnswered on November 24, 2012 at 11:00 AM
Glad to hear that everything is sorted out now and thank you for such nice feedbacks.
If you need further assistance feel free to contact us anytime.
- aklettnerAnswered on December 02, 2012 at 11:19 AM
Well, I still do not receive the notifications. I have corrected the punctuation and a test email comes just fine, but they do not come with the submissions. Any other ideas or suggestions?
- moonzkieAnswered on December 02, 2012 at 11:21 AM
Can you please configure your email alerts' sender name and email to "JotForm" and "firstname.lastname@example.org", respectively.
If changing Sender name and email does not help, ask your hosting provider to add these IP addresses to their whitelist:
Just please let us know if you need any further assistance. Thank you so much!
- moonzkieAnswered on December 02, 2012 at 01:36 PM
Just an addition, I have noticed that you have incorrect emails on saved on your recipient's email, which is why you don't receive notifications.
The test email worked because the Test Email function in the Email Alerts screen can only send to the address associated to your JotForm account. It was made this way to prevent abuse from spammers. To test your newly added recipient emails, you must send a real submission to your live form.
- aklettnerAnswered on December 03, 2012 at 08:53 AM
Working now. Thanks again for your help and patience!