- margaretluhAsked on November 26, 2012 at 12:53 AM
Hi - I am using your "Thank you" page, but I added my own link to it. "get more gift ideas". To get more gift ideas, I want them to go back and fill in the form again. They will then start on page 2, not page 1 of the form.
I have 2 questions:
1) Will Jotform store the form as a new form if the user clicks on the link and it skips page 1 and takes them directly to page 2 of the form? or will it pick up the user's email address from page 1 of the form.
2) The formatting came out really weird after I hit "get more gift ideas". Can you tell me what I might be doing wrong? I included a screenshot of this embedded screen.
Thank you! Have a great night!Page URL:
- JotForm SupportidarktechAnswered on November 26, 2012 at 03:34 AM
1. Sorry but this isn't possible with JotForm. Multi-pages form always starts on the first page when the form is loaded. There's no way to have it automatically jumped to the 2nd page using links (or via URL paramater). However, there's a workaround for this but it would involve 2 forms. The first form to capture user's email or you can add more like names and etc. And then have it prepopulated on the 2nd form. Check this related thread to learn how: http://www.jotform.com/answers/93645-How-do-I-prepopulate-fields-in-one-form-with-text-input-from-another-form-#93773
2. I can't seem to replicate the problem. Is this already resolved? If not, please give us more details on how to replcate the said problem.
Please let us know if you have further questions. Thanks!
- margaretluhAnswered on November 28, 2012 at 12:18 AM
Hi - Thank you for your help thus far! Regarding Question #2, I have not resolved it.
What happened was that I created my own "Thank you page" with a link to my FORM 1. This is the Thank you page - located after you completely fill in http://www.jumpgifts.com/getstarted.html.
After someone clicks on the Thank You page link that says "Get more gift ideas", I want them to be able to go to my form and fill it in again. The problem is that when I Send them back to my form, I get the weird embedded page that I asked about in my question #2.
Let me know if you might have a solution --- Have a great day ----
Below is my Thank You Page HTML code:
<div style="text-align: center;">
<h1>Thank You for using <a title="jumpgifts home page" target="_blank" href="http://www.jumpgifts.com" rel="nofollow noopener">Jumpgifts.com</a>!</h1>
<div style="text-align: center;">We will forward this request to our retailers and you should receive gift ideas soon!</div>
<div style="text-align: center;"><span style="font-size: medium;"><a title="get started page" target="_blank" href="http://www.jumpgifts.com/getstarted.html" rel="nofollow noopener"><strong>Get more gift ideas>></strong></a></span></div>
<div style="text-align: center;"><span style="font-size: medium;"><strong><br /></strong></span></div>
- JotForm SupportidarktechAnswered on November 28, 2012 at 12:27 AM
I have identified the problem. Thanks for this details. We'll see if we can find a workaround for this. Please stay in touch. Thanks!
- JotForm SupportidarktechAnswered on November 28, 2012 at 12:46 AM
Can you try changing the to on your Get more gift ideas source? Not quite sure if this helps but worth a try. Thanks!
- margaretluhAnswered on November 28, 2012 at 01:11 AM
hmmmm - what do you mean? I didnt understand your answer. thank you ---
- JotForm SupportidarktechAnswered on November 28, 2012 at 01:34 AM
Ops! sorry about that. It seems like my html codes was executed instead of displaying it as a code. Ok, please find it below. I have converted it to image =)
- margaretluhAnswered on November 28, 2012 at 08:23 AM
that works!!! You have been a huge help. Thank you!
- pinoytechAnswered on November 28, 2012 at 08:46 AM
In behalf of our colleague, you are quite welcome!
Have a great day!