- fundiakitaAsked on November 27, 2012 at 08:02 PM
When I use the Authorize.net payment integration tool and it brings up the fields cc, cc exp. date, name, address, etc., it does not include email in that list of field ids. Authorize.net needs this field to email a confirmation/receipt to the customer once the submit the form. Otherwise, I agree with the other jotform users the integration is useless. Authorize.net said to add the field id: x_email. (#input_7_x_email), This seems simple to me, but it has not been done. Is there anyway to get this done promptly. See screenshots attached.
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on November 27, 2012 at 08:53 PM
Hello fundiakita. Let me forward this request to the development team. Unfortunately, I cannot guarantee that this can be implemented right away, but rest assured, we'll inform you as soon as this feature has been integrated.
While there is no email address set on your form that can pass to auth.net, you can disable the email requirement by changing the reference field to NOT REQUIRED. To change the reference field to NOT REQUIRED: Login to the Authorize.net Merchant Interface ( at https://secure.authorize.net ), click on Settings -> Payment Form -> Form Fields and uncheck the Required box for the e-mail address.
You can use JotForm's autoresponder email alert feature as a confirmation receipt for your customers.
If you have other questions or concerns, please let us know.
- JotForm SupportozanAnswered on November 30, 2012 at 10:13 AM
We've added any email field on the form to the post data, so if the form has an email field, Authorize.net will make use of it.
- fundiakitaAnswered on December 05, 2012 at 10:07 AMThat worked out great. Thanks for you quick response. Many people have this issue it seems, maybe you can post your answer on FAQ if you haven't already done so. Thanks again!
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on December 05, 2012 at 10:19 AM
Hello fundiakita, have you checked out ozan's reply? I think there's no need to do what I initially suggested as he added already the email field to be used for Authorize.net.
- ezchoicefinancialAnswered on January 07, 2013 at 07:35 PM
Since jotform is not populating authorize.net email form , does that mean if i add jotform's own email address tool that it would get sent to authorize.net?
- fundiakitaAnswered on January 07, 2013 at 07:47 PM
I set up the payment portion w/o email address. Added field email address on jotform's form using jotform email tool. Authorize.net picked up the email address on their side.
- JotForm SupportidarktechAnswered on January 07, 2013 at 09:27 PM
Thanks for that info.
As per mentioned by the thread owner. You have to add an email address field so authorize.net can pick it up and include it on email notification.
Let us know if you have problem with that. Thanks!