- bgoldsteinAsked on December 01, 2012 at 08:24 PM
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on December 01, 2012 at 09:00 PM
Those unwanted submissions are probably done by spam or spam bots that are able to see your form specially if its embedded on a website that had been targeted by spam previously.
The most known way to block and prevent this spam is to add the Captcha field found among the Power Tools.
At the extreme you can also use the secure URL protocol when embedding the form.
Please inform us if you have further inquiry.
- bgoldsteinAnswered on December 01, 2012 at 09:04 PM
Thank you, I will add the captcha. In order to clear them out, if I use the Delete All, will it only clear what is on the page or all of the entries?
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on December 01, 2012 at 09:14 PM
Please be careful when deleting submissions.
This is a permanent procedure -- meaning, if there are no backup copy on your end, your deleted submissions will be permanently gone and there will be no way to restore it.
For best measure, download the submissions as CSV or Excel to have a backup copy of all the submissions .
You can also integrate the form to google doc spreadsheet to have copy of all the submissions in your google doc account.
Delete All will erased all existing data/submissions of the form.
You may want to delete them manually at a time.
- bgoldsteinAnswered on December 01, 2012 at 09:16 PM
Grear. Thanks again.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on December 01, 2012 at 09:18 PM
You're quite welcome. =) Contact us again anytime if have other inquiry.