- mtlscouts_committeeAsked on December 04, 2012 at 11:54 PM
When I export/save/open my submissions in excel format, excel launches with the submission ID already converted to scientific notation. At that point, even if I change the format of that column, the last few digits are lost(they are all 0s). I have searched the net for a solution, but cannot find anything. Any chance you can automatically put a single quote ( ' ) in front of the submission ID while preparing the file for export (when excel is the chosen format)? I think that should solve the problem. I tried CSV also, but when I opened up the file with excel, the same thing happened.
- JotForm SupportidarktechAnswered on December 05, 2012 at 12:11 AM
1. Download a copy of your form submissions to CSV. Do not download EXCEL format, it will round off every long string numbers, specially the submissions ID. Same point, do not open this file using ms office excel instead use the csv viewer below.
2. Use this CSV Viewer to be able to get the actual submissions ID. http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/csvfileview.zip. Example. You can get your submissions ID using this viewer and paste it to your excel file as text. This should help.
Let us know if you have further questions. Thanks!
- mtlscouts_committeeAnswered on December 05, 2012 at 01:20 AM
Thanks for the suggestion, but now I seem to have another problem. When I click the save option after selecting csv, nothing happens. I do not get the chance to specify a save location. Nothing happens at all. I tried a test download on another site (apple.com) to make sure the problem is not on my end, and the download worked as expected. I can open just fine, but just can't save. Same problem if I use excel or PDF also.
edit: I just changed my firefox setting to always download to the same folder, and it worked (without asking for a location). However, it is still unable to ask for the folder when I set it to ask each time. It works on other sites, but not Jotform...
- JotForm SupportidarktechAnswered on December 05, 2012 at 04:30 AM
Glad to hear you've managed to download your CSV submissions file.
I tried doing what you did but I can't seem to replicate the problem, I was prompted with the download window after clicking CSV download button. I am using Firefox by the way as seen on this screen.
I'd suggest to try clearing your firefox browser's cache and cookies and then recheck, this might help. Thanks!
- mtlscouts_committeeAnswered on December 05, 2012 at 10:11 AM
I am getting that window. However, I do not get the next one that should ask where to save the file. That next screen shows up when downloading from other sites(like apple.com).
By the way, I just tried it on another computer (at work) also running FireFox, and I have the same problem. Remember, the problem only happens when FireFox is set to ask each time where to download (Tools|options|General|Downloads). My home PC is on FF 17, and the one at work is FF 16.
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on December 05, 2012 at 11:28 AM
I am able to recreate this problem on my end. The reason might be because the CSV and Excel file downloads are browser-initiated, although I can't really be sure.
We'll conduct further investigation on this matter. Thank you for your patience.