- tower59Asked on December 05, 2012 at 04:22 AM
When a user hits "save and go to next", they get dropped in the middle or the bottom of the next page. Is there a way to add an automatic back to top when the next or previous page loads?
This is a re-post of a comment on How to Save Forms and Continue Later
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on December 05, 2012 at 04:32 AM
We are sorry for the inconvenience. The problem is actually caused by a bug in our Chrome implementation of the page break scripts. Like what I've mentioned, this problem occurs exclusively on Chrome. The page break works perfectly find under Firefox, IE, Opera and Safari perfectly. Form automatically scrolls to top when the Next or Back button is pressed.
Anyway, this issue has already been brought to our developer's attention. Our development team will conduct investigation on this matter and will come up with a solution as soon as possible, if any is available.
We will let you know once this gets fixed. Thank you for your patience.
- guest_23613910049045Answered on December 27, 2012 at 09:23 AM
You can try adding a hash symbol to the end of the link, e.g.:
The "#" usually forces a browser back to the top of the page, might work as a short term solution, but test it to make srue it does not break anything that was prviously working.
- earthdaysfAnswered on March 15, 2013 at 04:06 AM
this problem still has not been fixed. I consider it high-priority.
how do i use the hash? where do i put it?
- KadeJMAnswered on March 15, 2013 at 09:57 AM
As mentioned by our guest it would have to be placed at the end of the url such as " Http://www.google.com# " or " http://www.jotform.com/xxxxxxxxxx# " depending on which page you have the form labelled as in example.
For clarification do you till have the form that this problem is occuring on? Perhaps we can use that to come up with a customized solution to your problem for this.
- closethedistanceAnswered on March 19, 2013 at 03:14 PM
I am also having this problem with my forms not automatically starting at the top of the next page.
Does the suggested solution work? Where would I add the pound symbol? Would I add it to the embed script url? Or is there another solution to this problem?
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on March 19, 2013 at 03:39 PM
I think that some time ago, our Developers have updated an iFrame code to solve the scrolling issue in Chrome. Can you please try the iFrame version of the form code?
I hope it will solve the problem for you. Thank you.
- earthdaysfAnswered on March 19, 2013 at 04:22 PM
that method you shared has problems:
-several people on that support page mention errors they received using the iframe method. JotForm support has not replied to these errors.
-the image in that support page is broken.
-when i use the iframe method, the iframe height is much larger than it needs to be. The script method should be able to scroll up automatically, since it is script.
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on March 19, 2013 at 04:56 PM
- several people on that support page mention errors they received using the iframe method. JotForm support has not replied to these errors.
As far as I can see all the comments are answered/resolved.
- the image in that support page is broken.
Thank you for poiting that out, we will make sure to fix it. I have sent a note to my colleague to update the image link.
- when i use the iframe method, the iframe height is much larger than it needs to be. The script method should be able to scroll up automatically, since it is script.
I have created a ticket about the scorrling issue with the embed code and escalated it to our Development Team. However, please note that this is a Google Chrome bug, this is not much a JotForm issue. We will update this thread if we get any updates on this.
- peterpAnswered on March 23, 2013 at 03:13 PM
It happens also in Safari
- peterpAnswered on March 28, 2013 at 09:23 AMHi,
it actually happens only when LightBox is used.
- JotForm SupportEduardoMendezAnswered on March 28, 2013 at 09:46 AM
Thanks for letting us know the results of your test!
Your comments have been noted and the dev team will update you as soon as they have any news on this ticket.
- thespanishfactoryAnswered on December 06, 2014 at 04:09 PM
2 Years with the same problem. We need this fixed!
- JotForm Support ManagerJeanetteAnswered on December 07, 2014 at 12:24 AM
The issue was resolved, I've sent a note to our developers so they can update you on this.
- raulAnswered on April 26, 2015 at 12:03 PM
You inquiry has been moved here: http://www.jotform.com/answers/559257 in order to properly address your concern.
We'll be attending it shortly.
- CarinaAnswered on June 11, 2015 at 10:41 AM
The information we have is that this situation was solved. If you are experiencing difficulties with this parameter please open a new thread and provide more details so we can be more efficient.
Let us know if we can assist you further.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on July 05, 2015 at 02:09 PM
We will attend to your question here http://www.jotform.com/answers/603484