- ChristiKRAsked on December 13, 2012 at 02:08 PM
I am trying to create a survey form that collects info from around 30 families with this info:
General Family Info
Info from the parents about what they are willing to teach / help with
info about each student - date of birth, grade level and specific classes from that level that they need next year.
Each Grade level has it's own set of classes to choose from.
Thanks for any help you can give!
Info from my chat with Jonathon ...
I am having trouble with the "conditions" I am setting in my form. Many of them are working correctly, but some are not. Any pointers?
jonathan: Can you please describe more on the condition you wanted to do?
jonathan: Ok. Let me check also...
jonathan: OK. its quite a long form.. but can you tell me already which condition is not working? So I can jumstart there instead.
jonathan: How does it knows that you are suppose to be Student#1?
jonathan: mmm.. I see that you have a bunch of repeated fields.. you only move them each page right?
jonathan: example the fields Next student, Birth Date, Grade In Fall 2013.. they are repeated on several pages.
jonathan: It may take a while re-designing this form to come up with the proper condition.. May I suggest you create a topic about it here http://www.jotform.com/answers/answer.php instead.. provide us much detail as you can. The support team can workall together to come up with a resolution.
jonathan is typing...
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on December 13, 2012 at 02:39 PM
For some reason, you have a lot of duplicated rules in your conditions.
First of all, please remove such rules from every condition.
Then, if something is not working right, just let us know. We will be happy to help.
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on December 13, 2012 at 02:43 PM
I am sorry, now I see that you have multiple fields with the same titles.
I will try to check it further.
- ChristiKRAnswered on December 13, 2012 at 02:49 PM
Thanks, Mike! I will keep watching for some guidance! If you see a better way, even to start over - PLEASE tell me! :)
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on December 13, 2012 at 03:06 PM
Your conditions look good, but there are two issues.
1. You will need to remove selected options from your 'Grade in Fall 2013' fields. Otherwise, some conditions will be triggered on the form load, and things will be messed up.
Set them to default blank option:
2. You will need to replace 'If All' to 'If Any' on the following conditions:
Skip to page-9
Skip to page-11
Skip to page-13
Skip to page-15
Skip to page-17
Skip to page-19
Please feel free to contact us if you need any further assistance :)