- DlbuckAsked on December 15, 2012 at 03:00 PM
I am trying to get my form to automatically update to a Google Spreadsheet. I don't know what I am doing wrong but I have contacted support twice already for issues related to this.
First support was helpufl and informed me I had some incompatable characters in my form ("<") and those were removed. After doing that I tested it and it worked.
Then there were some strange things happening when I edited submissions, however when I tested it did still update the spreadsheet, so I can work around that.
Now I deleted all my test submissions and setup a new integration and I am back to new form submissions not percolating down to the spreadsheet. I don't know what changed, it was working when I tested it yesterday, and I didn't introduce any new characters.
Currently I have 4 submissions on Jot Form, but only 2 in my spreadsheet from when I initalized it. One of those submissions was a test I just performed.
I am beginning to lose trust that Google Spreadsheet integration will preform reliably. On a side note, I am recieving the email confirmations reliably.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on December 15, 2012 at 05:38 PM
Can you please describe more on the process you did? I could not reproduce a similar issue when I tested the integration using your form.
These are the steps I did:
1. Cloned your form
2. Integrate the form to my google docs account
3. Test submission -- success (2x submission in GDocs for 2x submission test)
4. Remove integration, the change a field (I change a question in matrix field)
5. Integrate again to Gdocs
6. Test submission -- success (it now has 3 submission in GDocs, 1x + 2x previous submission)
- guest_23505304862045Answered on December 16, 2012 at 03:02 PM
I am still having the problem. I don't know how to clone my form but on the origional I removed integration and then initiated integration again with a new spreadsheet. Submitted again, same problem. No update to Spreadsheet.
The only things I can think of:
1) you referred to google docs. Just to be clear, I am trying to integrate with google spreadsheet, not a word-like document.
2) I have previous submisions still attached to my JotForm web account that were from a slightly different version of the form.
I don't get it. I asked another question the other day when this was broken and they said I had an html character in the form that I removed. It was working after that, then when i re-set the integration (after removing all my test submissions from the web-data of my forms) it stopped. I didn't make any change to the form.
- fxrAnswered on December 16, 2012 at 03:46 PM
If the form has been changed this is going to cause problems with the integration as the form fields are not going to match up.
I have cloned your form and it works perfectly.
If you are happy this is the FINAL version of your form, please clone the form and start the whole thing from a fresh start.
This article describes how to clone a form:
I am confident that this integration will work fine; its editing of the form fields after the integration has been setup & submissions have been recieved that is going to cause problems.
- DlbuckAnswered on December 16, 2012 at 05:19 PM
Aweome. After cloneing it seems to be working. Thank you for the help
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on December 16, 2012 at 05:28 PM
We are glad to know all is working now. Please contact us again anytime should you have other inquiry.