- tturianoAsked on December 16, 2012 at 02:17 AM
hi, fyi...we were getting so many people having trouble with the Captcha on our forms, (they would end up submitted the form multiple times), I had to take the captcha out. Is there any other way to prevent spammers from using our forms?
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on December 16, 2012 at 05:47 AM
You can enable either a strict or loose check. It won't stop spammers from using the form but it would reduce the amount of spam received. Unfortunately, genuine users would also be affected.
Could you please elaborate on what occurred with the Captcha?
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on December 16, 2012 at 05:48 AM
Also, did the problem occur regardless of which type of Captcha was used?
- guest_23500854192046Answered on December 16, 2012 at 09:11 AM
Hello abajan...I received this from a submitter..."After I entered the captcha code the screen turns white and stays that way. If you go back to the previous screen it prompts you to enter another such code, and then it turns white again. Ad infinitum"
Regarding your question about which type of captcha, I didn't know there were other types. I did notice a difference between the ones included in the templates and the one in the area where you create your form from scratch. How can I try different types in that area when there is only one choice?
(I attempted to use the templates, but had trouble getting the formatting to match my site, so I started again using the area where you make the forms from scratch.)
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on December 16, 2012 at 09:27 AM
While in the form builder, if the default captcha is clicked a button will appear in the toolbar at the top of the builder labeled reCaptcha. If it's clicked, the default Captcha will switch to a reCaptcha:
The button is a toggle, meaning that it will switch between the two versions when clicked.
Please try the reCaptcha version and let us know if the same problem occurs.
- guest_23500854192046Answered on December 16, 2012 at 08:15 PM
Hi...thanks...I will try this
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on December 17, 2012 at 03:37 AM
I got a message stating that you were unable to view the forms in your account. I take it that you weren't logged in at the time and that you can see them okay now?
- tturianoAnswered on December 17, 2012 at 08:59 AM
Yes, I admit it. I wasn't logged in.
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on December 17, 2012 at 09:31 AM
Okay, no problem. What about the captcha issue? Did switching to the reCaptcha version help?
- tturianoAnswered on December 17, 2012 at 03:58 PM
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on December 17, 2012 at 04:10 PM
Thank you for update.
Also, we have a built-in spam protection that prevents some spam submissions. You may try to remove the captcha field for some time to see if it is working fine for you.
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on December 17, 2012 at 04:53 PM
I'd like to shed some light on one of the points you have raised on this thread:
I received this from a submitter..."After I entered the captcha code the screen turns white and stays that way. If you go back to the previous screen it prompts you to enter another such code, and then it turns white again. Ad infinitum"