- Filbert SploshAsked on December 16, 2012 at 02:21 PM
I use Constant Contact for emailing but my site has a SSL certificate and Constant Contact don't do secure forms so I have set one up with Jotform. It is supposed to update my Constant Contact email database but doesn't. Everything is setup correctly as far as I can see - any ideas would be appreciated.Page URL:
- fxrAnswered on December 16, 2012 at 02:30 PM
Is it the form on your Contact Us page?
- Filbert SploshAnswered on December 16, 2012 at 02:51 PM
The form is on every page - the right hand side of the screen. It simply collects a name and email for my newsletter data list held on Constant Contact.
- fxrAnswered on December 16, 2012 at 03:35 PM
I have cloned your form and tested with Campaign Monitor and find now issues with it.
Can you check if it works if you use the form on the JotForm URL directly?
Let us know how that test goes, thanks.
- Filbert SploshAnswered on December 16, 2012 at 04:00 PM
I clicked on your link and filled in the form. I had the email notification after a few seconds but after 10 minutes still no update on Constant Contact.
- fxrAnswered on December 16, 2012 at 04:05 PM
Have you tried removing the integration and re-integrating?
- Filbert SploshAnswered on December 16, 2012 at 04:17 PM
That worked. I tried it before without success, but this it solved the problem.
- cettoxAnswered on May 10, 2013 at 10:45 AM
Hi Filbert Splosh,
I investigated the issue so far, there seems no problems on our side. The submissions data correctly submitted to Constant Contact, and they correctly stores the new contact information. The problem is that their GUI implements a serverside cache to improve performance, and any changes through api does not sometimes propogate to GUI.
They also confirm this behaviour on the following link:
Have a nice day!