- guest_23112503488044Asked on December 19, 2012 at 12:07 PM
I have received notification that forms will be disabled as I reached the 10 secure form submission monthly quota.
Is this permanent or till the end of the month?
The form is still being set up and it was an oversight during testing that these tests were being made using SSL.
I had thought I'd got everything set up only to discover that the thankyou page was cutting off the bottom of the answers - hence the need for continued testing of this still unresolved problem.
- JotForm SupportGoldoAnswered on December 19, 2012 at 01:15 PM
That is just till the end of the month. The count will reset every 1st of each month.
Can you provide me the form id? On the other hand, I would advise you to create a FREE ACCOUNT so that you can monitor your forms.
- guest_23112503488044Answered on December 19, 2012 at 01:26 PM
Hi, not sure why the question posted as guest as I have an account and did log in - maybe in different browser tab.
Is it just the SSL which gets suspended as I have switched back to non-SSL and need to do more testing to try to get this form to work - given that the thankyou page is not displaying correctly.
- JotForm SupportGoldoAnswered on December 19, 2012 at 01:29 PM
It will suspend the whole account unfortunately. Provide me your username so that I can reset the SSL count just this one time.
Let me know.
- guest_23112503488044Answered on December 19, 2012 at 02:02 PM
It's grahams, thanks.
An odd definition of "over" quota when an account gets suspended for "reaching" its quota.
- fxrAnswered on December 19, 2012 at 02:05 PM
I have reset your SSL submissions.
Please ensure you have no forms in distribution that are using secure URLs as we can only do this type of favor once.