- MasalamediaAsked on December 19, 2012 at 06:33 PM
We've had a lot of trouble with reliability on notification emails so I need to start monitoring our auto-responder emails. Problem is, it doesn't look like there is a way to add additional recipients to an autoresponder email. Is that correct?
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on December 19, 2012 at 06:47 PM
Hello Masalamedia. For autoresponders, you can only have one recipient. But you can add multiple recipients for e-mail notifications separating each by a comma (,) or a semi-colon (;)
You can also create more email notifications/autoresponders if you wish by editing your form, click Email Alerts > Add New Email button
If you're having issues on receiving email alerts to your email account, you can ask your service provider (if you have a private domain name email address) to whitelist the following IP addresses:
If you have other questions or concerns, please do let us know.
- MasalamediaAnswered on December 19, 2012 at 06:54 PM
Is there someone at Gmail I could email/call about the IP addresses you suggest? Can't see any place in my Gmail account to add those
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on December 19, 2012 at 07:21 PM
If you're using Google apps account for your domain, you can do the following steps to have these whitelisted:
To add IP addresses to your email whitelist:
1. Sign in to your Google Apps administrator control panel.
2. From the menu at the top of the page, select the Settings tab.
3. From the left-navigation menu, click Email.
4. From the Email settings page, click General Settings.
5. In the Organizations section near the top of the page, highlight your domain.
6. In the Email whitelist section, enter the IP addresses of your contact's domain host to make sure any mail originating from these IP addresses are not labeled spam. If you would like to add more than one IP address, enter an IP range in CIDR notation or separate each IP address with a comma.
7. Click Save changes.
Please let us know if you have more questions.