- GokulAsked on March 04, 2011 at 12:20 PM
Just today I had a need to integrate a form into a website and stumbled upon JotForm. I haven't yet used it, but after reading the documentation, I am pretty sure it will do the trick. I have only one question.
I understand you support two methods to access the data from the forms, through your website or email submission, but what if we need programmatic access to the data collected through the forms?. Do you support a HTTP based api?. That would be great for usecases where a backend system like a CMS can access data.
Thanks for a great product anyway.
- DanielGriffinAnswered on March 07, 2011 at 08:35 AM
Unfortunately no, we do not have an API yet. We have plans to add an API in the future. However there is another way for you to collect that data. You can send all form submissions via http POST to your own custom thank-you page and collect the data there. To do that:
1. In the form builder click the Thank You button and select Custom URL
2. Next select Preferences, Advanced Settings and change the setting for Send Post Data to "Yes".
- khrisellAnswered on July 04, 2013 at 07:33 PMGreetings!We are happy to announce that we have released Jotform Webhooks, this feature would replace Send Post Data + Custom URL Thank You Page workaround in order to help you transfer forms data to your own database using your own script codes.
To know more about Jotform Webhooks, please click here.
Thank you for using JotForm. :)