JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
Payment Form (Paypal Standard): NO Notifications and Auto Responder Receive when Integrated to Google DriveAsked by ChipLitFest on December 31, 2012 at 01:49 PM
I have setup the following competition entry form; http://form.jotformeu.com/form/23653648930359
After submitting the entry the user is taken to the Paypal payment page. On completing payment the user is able to return to the Jotform Thank You page and a payment confirmation email is received. However there are some issues as follows:
1) No notification or autoresponder email is generated
2) Under the form title on the 'My Forms' page the submissions are recorded as 0 however the submissions are viewable if you click the 'Submissions' button.
3) The uploaded document should be sent to a folder on our Google Drive.
All the submissions are marked as completed with the payees details.
None of the above issues occur if I remove the Paypal integration from the form.
I have checked the forum and completed our Paypal account's IPN setup and input the correct IPN url for Jotform as mentioned in the forum.
I am concerned as the competition will be launched next week but I cannot get the integration to work.
Please could you look at this for me.
My experience is that the notifications and autoresponders are entirely unreliable unless you stick with the default (and unattractive) 'email@example.com'
Thats the email that i have used for the notificatons and autoresponders. As I said everything works fine without the Paypal integration but then breaks when I include the Paypal payment integration.
I have made a test payment to your form, can you please confirm if you have received it? With regards to your issues;
1. After submitting your form and completing the payment, it seems that I am unable to received the form auto responder but then your settings were fine. Can you also check if you haven't received the notifications?
2. Yes, I can confirm that. I even couldn't see the new submissions that I have done on the form tho I have cleared your page cache, no difference.
3. Can you please check if my file have been uploaded to your Google Drive?
You have mention the IPN Setup, I think this isn't needed since you are using the Paypal Standard. Can you please remove this IPN Settings or everything that you have changed on your Paypal Account and test your form again, see if it makes difference.
Thank you for your patience and apologize for such issue.
1) I have not received any notification of a submission. I did receive a confirmation of your payment from Paypal, which is what I have been receiving already.
2) Again no submissions visible.
3) Your file has NOT been uploaded to our Google Drive.
4) I have removed all the IPN settings and made a submission and no difference. The submission list on Jotform does not even have the payee details like before. Again I received payment confirmation from Paypal but no notification or autoresponder was sent.
After doing some further testing with a very simple form: name, file upload, email and Paypal integration, it appears the problem is the Google Drive integration that was in place.
Everything worked fine if I removed the Google Drive Integration. I tested the Dropbox integration and it worked perfectly however it is not the ideal solution for us.
There appears to be an issue with Google Drive Integration and Paypal payments on submission.
Thank you for your help with this matter and it seems that you are right that when the form is integrated to Google Drive, it gives you the issues above.
I have removed the payment tool and integrated the form to Google Drive and it is working, file has been uploaded so I think this two are having a conflict but I am not sure about this and only our developers know it.
Well, I have now made a ticket about this certain issue but I cannot promise anything but we will surely let you know once there is an update about this.
Thank you for your patience and help.
With regards to the record showing the submissions that has zero value on your end, please try cloning the form.
After completing payment, it does show as 1 or 3 submissions on my end;
Sorry for the delayed update, but after conducting tests, I found out that this problem no longer exists.
With that said, I will be closing the ticket attached to this thread. Please do inform us if the issue still persists on your end.