- MasalamediaAsked on December 31, 2012 at 08:30 PM
When designing a form in the FORM BUILDER window, an inadvertent click on a File Upload field brings up a file picker dialog box, as if I am trying to upload a file right there. This makes it difficult to get to the field properties, and generally shouldn't happen.
- JotForm SupportidarktechAnswered on January 01, 2013 at 01:17 AM
Thanks for that info. That's how actually it function and that's inherent to a browser. This serves as a demo as well on how the file upload button works. If we will remove that, users might get confused. Also, there are actually 3 ways to get a field property and to avoid the file browser window to pop-up, a) right click anywhere on the field > show properties. b) clicking on the small gear icon c) on the upper property tool bar.
- MasalamediaAnswered on January 02, 2013 at 03:31 PM
Thanks for the answer.
FWIW, I don't find this to be the desired behavior in the FORM BUILDER environment.
- Clicking ANYWHERE in the filepicker area often triggers the dialog box: if clicking the CHOOSE FILE button were the trigger, that would make slightly more sense as a way to emulate the user experience. But making the entire zone a trigger just creates annoyance since a form designer is likely to want to set up form properties, etc, not try to upload a file.
Just my 2-cents
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on January 02, 2013 at 03:45 PM
This is supposed to work similar on both the form builder and the live form.
The active dialog box trigger area is usually not highlighted, but you can see an example on the following screenshot:
Also, please note that the standard Upload form field is implemented differently on the browsers (by their Engine Developers).
- MasalamediaAnswered on January 02, 2013 at 03:56 PM
Thanks Mike T. I'm finding that on Chrome/Mac, about 1/2 the time the entire zone activates the trigger... not just the area you've highlighted. Don't have time to test and retest on other platforms.
That larger trigger zone really gets annoying when trying to access the gear/properites icon in the little tab, or the X to delete the field.
Saving, closing and re opening the form does seem to help... just wish it weren't necessary.
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on January 02, 2013 at 03:58 PM
Thank you for your report. We will try to check this out.