- budthemanAsked on March 05, 2011 at 02:36 PM
I created 5 forms using my Jotform account and then placed the sharing code for each on my client's website. I set up a Jorform account for my client so that he has his own account to view all responses to his forms. Each response is being sent to his e-mail now. When I try to clone the forms that I have placed on his website to his new account, I can only clone two or three and then Jotform clones one of the forms that I have already cloned no matter what URL from the client's website that I use. Questions:
1. Does cloning work on on an unlimited number of forms that have been placed on a website by using Joform's share procedure?
2. Can I clone or copy Jotform forms from one Jotform account to another Jotform account?
3. Can I edit my Jotform account username and password?
Thank you.Page URL:
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on March 08, 2011 at 12:42 AM
To answer your questions:
1. As long as it can read the jotform ID of the form, cloning can work an unlimited number of times. It's better if you get the jotform URL of your form as it reads faster and imports faster.
2. Yes, you can clone forms from one account to yours
3. You can only change your password. You won't be able to change the username
Hope this helps