- fish4redAsked on March 07, 2011 at 11:02 AM
I have a client asking that the results of the form email have to be encrypted due to the MA Data Protection Act. Not sure how we can accolpish this.Page URL:
- DanielGriffinAnswered on March 08, 2011 at 08:34 AM
Email is intrinsically insecure due to the way it's routed over the internet, so it wont be easy to achieve what you want. The best way to approach it would be as follows.
1. Disable email from JotForm.
2. Create a custom thank-you page on your own server and POST the form data there using HTTPS
3. Get your server to wrap that data into a new email, apply your encryption and then send it from there.
There are quite a few ways to do the encryption but something like GNUPG (http://www.gnupg.org/) would be my choice.
Here is a good link on how to send encrypted email with GNUPG and PHP: