- robclarkeAsked on January 09, 2013 at 09:42 PM
I want to give one of my forms to a sopecific other user so that they then have that form in their My Forms to amend edit use as they like.
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on January 09, 2013 at 10:07 PM
I am not sure if I understood want you want to accomplish. If you want to share the direct link just:1.Go to your form, Click on Setup and Embed2. Click on Embed Form and copy the direct link.
Or if you want this person to have the same form, as you do, on his own account, he just needs to:1. Go to My forms2. Click on Create Form3. Click on Import, then select From a web page and enter the URL you will provide him.Hope this helps!
- robclarkeAnswered on January 09, 2013 at 10:11 PMThanks for your response, we don’t have the form embedded in a website though?
Can h upload a form from an email?
- jeanettebmzAnswered on January 09, 2013 at 10:49 PM
Actually what you can do is to share the direct link, as David explained to you, into your email message.
- donadiojAnswered on June 08, 2013 at 10:52 AM
This solution is helpful only that I don't want to make a mere clone of my forms with a new id but have it be one in the same allowing the other user to also view the submission data. This would be clutch for groups.
- dinesh-itAnswered on June 08, 2013 at 11:20 AM
Hi, In that case you can share your forms by creating subuser account.
1. Goto your account settings by click an the face icon on top right on the webpage, click account.
2. Now select Users tab and click Create new Sub user.
3. Now you can specify the email ID to whom you want to share and what you want to share.
Thats all. Now the shared user needs to accept it by clicking a link.
Feel free to ask for further clarification.
- donadiojAnswered on June 10, 2013 at 07:00 AM
OK, this is perfect. I see you get one sub-user with a free account, 3 with Premium, 10 with Economy and 100 for Professional. Thank you so much!
- alyssaracquelAnswered on December 11, 2016 at 10:23 PM
I'm wanting to accomplish the same thing as OP, but keep receiving the error message "Form id is missing or irregular" on the secondary account (the account to which I am sharing the form). How can this be resolved? Is this an issue on the original form owner's end?
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on December 12, 2016 at 12:39 AM
We will resolve your issue here https://www.jotform.com/answers/1008840-Clone-of-form-disabled#0
- AIDANAnswered on March 28, 2017 at 05:03 PM
Hi, thank you for contacting us.
We will be addressing your request in this new thread: https://www.jotform.com/answers/1104821