- guest_30058638966061Asked on January 10, 2013 at 11:01 PM
hi i have a similar problem the quota for the https submissions have been reached, but not the http submissions. i have changed the url to http and i'm now receiving: "Details: Form did not pass status check" warning
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on January 10, 2013 at 11:31 PM
Hello. As I could not find any details about your information, can you please provide us the link to the form in issue?
- guest_30058638966061Answered on January 11, 2013 at 01:13 AM
unfortunatly the form in use is behind a password protected area, but my useer name at jotform is: dkuschel
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on January 11, 2013 at 01:37 AM
Thank you for the information.
Upon checking your account, it seems that you have placed your form somewhere that uses SSL (https), which caused your account to reach the allowed SSL limits for free users (10 SSL submissions per month). You currently have 16 SSL submissions.
I have now restarted your SSL and changed your status to active. This should enable your form again. But to prevent your account from reaching the limits for SSL again, please change your embedded URL http.
If you have other questions or concerns, please do let us know.
- guest_30058638966061Answered on January 11, 2013 at 01:48 AM
thank you. as i stated in my earlier post: "i have changed the url to http..." so, things should work now.
thank you again for the speedy resolution of the problem.