- JASDAsked on January 16, 2013 at 06:38 PM
Hi. We are having issues with our Donate form.
1. The payment didn’t go at first (of donation of $40), saying the fields have to be “numerical,” not sure what fields. it didn't specify.
2. I tried to donate a dollar, and I did. Everything went through. After, I realized that there is no email field provided for a confirmation email of the person. It just said on the page “Thank You, Friend. Check your email for confirmation.” Weird as the email is not even asked on the form. I then added an email field on JotForms, but it didn’t let me submit another payment saying there is an error, and I had to go back and fix it. Not sure what the problem is at all.
Could you please help us with that?
And this is just one form that we were testing. We have a couple of more.Page URL:
- jeanettebmzAnswered on January 16, 2013 at 08:54 PM
1. I am forwarding the Request "numerical" validation error message to our developers
2. On regards to the email confirmation. You can make an autoresponder and you can even customize it
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on January 17, 2013 at 10:03 AM
Hello JASD. Here are some answers:
1. Did you try to enter exactly "$40" (with the dollar sign)? If so, this is the reason why it returned to you the error that you could not submit a payment.
2. Can you provide us the explicit details of the error that appeared? Although I'm suspecting that it's because that you entered the exact same details (credit card, name, etc) which is why you were forbidden to make another donation. This is a duplicate transaction error capture by Authorize.net to prevent double entry card transactions. You may need to wait for around 10 minutes to make another transaction for the same card.
Please let us know if you have further questions or concerns.
- JASDAnswered on January 17, 2013 at 10:27 AM
Thank you! It works now. Other question though -- could we embedd a video in the auto responder? I tried to do it, but it doesn't show in the email.
- JotForm SupportidarktechAnswered on January 17, 2013 at 10:34 AM
That's not possible. You can't embed any videos that uses scripts or iframes on autoresponder emails. You may however, use the video URL instead so user's would be able to click on it to open it on a browser.