- ctphotoAsked on January 19, 2013 at 07:53 AM
I have files going to my FTP, it is adding the ID to the file name, I do not want that, how do I stop that?
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on January 19, 2013 at 08:20 AM
Go to your form submissions page, click "Setting" in gear icon, click "Send Uploads to FTP", click the selection for folder name and change it to "No Folder", click Finish.
- ctphotoAnswered on January 19, 2013 at 08:58 AM
That is how I have it but then it creates a subfolder with the ID, but yes the file name no longer has the ID added to it. So it is sort of a workaround but not the real solution. I would like no subfolders and no ID added to name.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on January 19, 2013 at 11:52 AM
That isn't your current settings, choose "NO FOLDER" option. Your current settings is the Default one which is the "Submissions ID".
- ctphotoAnswered on January 19, 2013 at 02:41 PM
But submissions ID is not adding the ID to the file name, which is the better of two eveils. When set to no folder it adds the ID to the file name like it shows in the screen caprture. I do not want that.
- JotForm SupportEduardoMendezAnswered on January 19, 2013 at 04:40 PM
Unfortunately, that is the way the current integration bahves.
We don't have any way to customize this at the moment.
I am afraid that at this time the only way to do this would be to manually rename your files after they are transfered.
- ctphotoAnswered on January 19, 2013 at 04:46 PM
That is what I thought. Thanks anyway. I will stick with letting it create submissions folders, easier to look inside them then renaming files everyday. Another question, if a file is being uploaded to my FTP, is it happening directly to it or does it go through your server first? I am worried about confidentiality issues.
- JotForm SupportEduardoMendezAnswered on January 19, 2013 at 05:01 PM
All integrations and transfers are copies of the files sent to our servers.
So, that will always mean that you have a copy in our servers. You can always delete the files from our servers once you have them in your space.
I hope this answers your question. Let us know if you need further assistance!
- ctphotoAnswered on January 19, 2013 at 05:09 PM