- lauraweisAsked on March 10, 2011 at 07:02 PM
- louc4uAnswered on March 10, 2011 at 07:25 PM
Choose the payment method, enter the nformation needed. Under "Sell Products", choose "Users can select multiple products".
- lauraweisAnswered on March 10, 2011 at 08:04 PM
Thanks. So is there a way to select the quantity of the product, or do I have to create multiple products of different quantities (e.g., product 1 is 1 widget, product 2 is 50 widgets, product 3 is 100 widgets) ?
- SladestyleAnswered on March 11, 2011 at 03:43 AM
Hi laurawels, if you are using the Paypal option--I believe it is the 3rd page in the wizard that will give you this option. It will be the page with the list of your products. Select one of the products and you will see 'add options' to the right. This is where you would add the Quantity field.
Hope this helps.
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on March 12, 2011 at 12:10 AM
If you are using Paypal, to be able to add a quantity for a product
1. Edit your form
2. Click the wizard icon on your Paypal field
3. Enter your paypal account information if you haven't yet then click the next button. (click image below to open an enlarged image in new window)
4. Click the add new product button if you still have no products in your form (a big button in the middle will show up if there are still no products)
(click image below to open an enlarged image in new window)
5. Add the details to your product (for inserting products), and/or click the Add New Option to add options such as quantity, or properties to your product. (click image below to open an enlarged image in new window)
6. Click Add Quantity Property.
You can also add more properties such as Color, T-shirt size, Print size, Screen resolution, or Shoe size. Or you can create your own property for your product by selecting Add custom property in the add new options
7. You can modify the name "Quantity" to something else or you can keep it as is. Under properties, you can add or remove an item number to whatever you like. Then click the finish button. Note: separate each number item property by a new line
7. The option for quantity will reflect and you can save your product or you can add more details. (click image below to open an enlarged image in new window)
Hope this helps
- bangostringsAnswered on March 12, 2011 at 04:55 AM
someone places an order and pays for it
you receive notification of receiving a payment
where do you go to see what the order and payment are for?
i've received nbotification of payment and have no idea what the person has ordered
i like to ship same day where permitting
do i receive notifications of the order in email?
sorry first time user
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on March 12, 2011 at 07:14 AM
You will be able to see it on your submissions, reports, and thru an email notification.
Form submissions for orders come in two processes.
1. For those who submitted the form but did not place an order
- This type of submission will be able to submit immediately and go straight to a "Thank You" page without directing the person to continue payment. An email notification will be sent right to your email address to inform you that someone filled up and submitted on your form. Including submissions that do not have an actual order.
2. Those who placed an actual order
- This type of submission will be redirected to the payment gateway. The person then will have to fill up his information like paypal account info, or credit card information via the secure gateway. Once successful on submitting payment, the person will be directed back to the "Thank You" page and you will then receive notification. When you open your submissions page or report page, you will be able to see the details of the order information.
What to do to ensure your order form always has an order:
Make the field required. This way the page will not submit unless the person fills up a form
Hope this helps.