- ctphotoAsked on January 25, 2013 at 10:48 AM
I have a form for uploading files only. It will then go to another form page (like it is the first thank you page) to have my client fill out the form with instructions. Is there anyway to have the file names they just uploaded populate certain fields in my second form?
- JotForm SupportidarktechAnswered on January 25, 2013 at 11:34 AM
Sorry to say but it is not possible with file names. You can only prepopulate fields from one form to another using its entered data not with file names.
- ctphotoAnswered on January 25, 2013 at 11:57 AM
What if it was the same form?
- JotForm SupportidarktechAnswered on January 25, 2013 at 12:11 PM
I have tried making some test but I was failed. Same thing, can't get the file name value from an upload field so therefore it is not possible.
Sorry about that.
- ctphotoAnswered on January 25, 2013 at 12:34 PM
Would make a nice request to the developers.
- JotForm SupportEduardoMendezAnswered on January 25, 2013 at 12:57 PM
I have submitted your suggestion as a feature request to our dev team.
We can not assure you an ETA nor implementation, however, they will consider it and will update this thread with any news on the subject.
Thanks for your feedback!