- aklettnerAsked on January 28, 2013 at 09:27 AM
Hello...I have a simple form with paypal integration.
The first 2 submissions have gone through just fine. The next 2 show that they are imcomplete submissions, however, when I check our paypal account it shows all 4 as "completed."
Can you please help me figure out why these payments are completing in paypal, but then not completing within my form?
- JotForm SupportEltonChrisAnswered on January 28, 2013 at 09:45 AM
Mark them as complete so you'd be able to get notifications from the incomplete submissions. Also, we'd recommend to change your Paypal Instant Payment Notification to http://www.jotform.net/ipns/paypal.php. This should fixed it. Here's how:
1. Go into your Paypal account, Click on the Profile menu, select My Selling Prefences
2. Midway down the next page is a 'Instant payment notifications' field, click on the Update button to the right of it.
3. Click Choose IPN Settings, Enter http://www.jotform.net/ipns/paypal.php into the Notification URL text box and ensure Receive IPN Message (Enabled) radio button is selected. Click Save.
Let us know if you have further questions. Thanks!
- aklettnerAnswered on January 28, 2013 at 10:30 AM
Thank you for your quick reply! I have followed your instructions and will see what happens with the next submission.
Please help me understand just what this does. I am wondering if the submissions were marked incomplete because the submittors just closed out of paypal instead of clicking the link to return to our website, which would then get them our thank you message? Does this change I made take them back automatically to our webpage or does it just ensure that JotForm receives the info from PayPal? I do want to get the people back so they get our thank you message because there is additional info on it for them.
Also, should I undo this notification url in PayPal once we are finished with the form in a few weeks?
- JotForm SupportEltonChrisAnswered on January 28, 2013 at 10:55 AM
Great! Please feel to update us anytime.
Actually, after they've completed the paypal payment even they've closed the browser at the end of payment process you should be able to received a notification from JotForm. The IPN URL settings should help pushed the notification to avoid incomplete submissions when payments are made. By the way, we've just added a feature for sending notifications even for "Pending Payments". Just right click your Paypal Payment field, select Show Properties and set Pending Payment E-mail to Yes.
Yes, you can undo the IPN settings anytime you want. Thanks!
- aklettnerAnswered on January 28, 2013 at 12:46 PM
Thank you for the additional information!
I was asking about undoing the notification url because I wonder if it will interfere with other instances where we will be collecting payments via paypal. We will have temporary forms like this one from time to time and we will eventually have a paypal donation button that will not be a jotform form. If I keep this notification url set, will it cause problems later?
And one more qustion if you don't mind, I do want to force people back after making payment so that they get the information on our thank you message. I see within PayPal there is an auto return, but they need the return url. Could this be used to ensure they see our final message?
- JotForm SupportEltonChrisAnswered on January 28, 2013 at 01:37 PM
Yes, I'm afraid that would interfere since that IPN is for JotForm specifics. You can remove it anytime you want. Let me also submit this issue to our development team so they can further investigate this case.
Yes, you can create separate message to your page and redirect them there. Thank you.
- aklettnerAnswered on January 28, 2013 at 01:50 PM
Thanks again for your help and patience!
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on January 29, 2013 at 01:53 PM
Hello, after doing series of tests, I'm not able to replicate the issue. Can you try to observe again if you still see the submissions on the pending list?
- aklettnerAnswered on January 29, 2013 at 02:14 PM
I have no pending or incomplete submissions.
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on January 29, 2013 at 02:23 PM
Sorry, I meant if your submissions will still land on the pending/incomplete payments list the next time you receive a submission.
- aklettnerAnswered on January 29, 2013 at 03:20 PM
We haven't had a submission since yesterday but I will certainly let you know if they show as incomplete payments. Thank you!!