- georgebAsked on March 11, 2011 at 11:44 PM
I like the new multiple file uploader option, but I am noticing that whatever files you upload, you cannot delete them off the submission form in case you add a file you didn't mean to add. Am I just missing something, or am I correct?Page URL:
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on March 11, 2011 at 11:59 PM
Have you updated your Client Request form? Or should we look at this problem on a separate form?
I'm not clear what you mean by this? Can you post a screenshot of the problem?
- georgebAnswered on March 12, 2011 at 12:01 AM
Yes, it should be showing now http://nvasm.com/clientrequest
When you click the orange upload file, it allows you to add as many files as you like, but if you accidently make a mistake, there is no deletion option.
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on March 12, 2011 at 01:22 AM
I know what you mean, geogeb. When adding attachments to a message in Gmail, each attachment has a pre-filled checkbox next to it that if deselected, removes the attachment. It would be useful if JotForm's new multi-upload field had similar functionality. Presently, if a user mistakenly adds a file to be uploaded, the only option is to refresh the entire form and start over which can be very time consuming and frustrating if it's a long form and/or many uploads were included by the user.
- allanftdAnswered on March 12, 2011 at 07:39 AM
If your guest wants to change the file he wants to upload, he can click the "Browse..." button once again and make a new file selection. But if he decides he doesn't want to upload anything, he has to refresh the browser as suggested above.
We shall endorse this feature enhancement to our able programmers for future consideration. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Hope this helps.
- georgebAnswered on March 12, 2011 at 05:24 PM
Please do. Having a deletion button available, would be a huge plus!
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on March 17, 2011 at 09:35 AM
I believe this feature is now added (not sure if it's been there or recently added). When you mouse-over on the file name you have mistakenly uploaded, an X mark will show up on the right, click on that to delete the uploaded file.
Hope this helps.
- jagwksAnswered on December 24, 2011 at 12:28 PM
I have an inventory form and would like to add multiple attachments next to each line item. For example.
1) Item name - Item Description - Price - Upload images here
2) Item name - Item Description - Price - Upload images here
Right now, I have the regular add a file button only. Is this possible? Thanks.
- allanftdAnswered on December 25, 2011 at 11:47 AM
@jagwks: Are you referring to the Consignment Form? Sorry but the file upload field cannot be used in the Matrix field type.
- jagwksAnswered on December 25, 2011 at 03:00 PM
Yes, I'm referring to the consignment form. Are there any other options? Any recommended way in setting something up like this?
Thank you for the response.
- allanftdAnswered on December 26, 2011 at 07:49 AM
A workaround that I can think of is to let go of the Matrix field type and replace it with multiple shrunk text fields and file upload fields as the rightmost column. For a working demo, please check out this form: http://www.jotform.com/form/13590849638