- heikijapanAsked on March 12, 2011 at 08:16 AM
Can I add attachments (PDF, doc etc) to the notification e-mail, that will be sent out when a person inserts data via my online forms?
- allanftdAnswered on March 12, 2011 at 02:32 PM
Unfortunately this is not possible at the moment. For now, what you can do as a workaround is to upload the PDF, Doc, or any file and include a hyperlink to the uploaded file in your notification email.
Hope this will help you. Please let us know if you need further assistance.
- heikijapanAnswered on March 12, 2011 at 05:22 PM
Thank you for te reply.
Is there any way to generate dynamic URL's to send out in my e-mails. I would like track users. Or how do track users? Do you use hidden fields?
Sorry for so many questions this time.
You guys are really the BEST.
- allanftdAnswered on March 14, 2011 at 01:33 PM
May I ask which particular data you want to track from your visitors? If you want to track which page in your website the visitor came from, please follow these steps:
1) Open your form in editing
2) On the left accordion menu put a hidden field on your form (on Power Tools> Hidden box)
3) Change the label of your field to "pageAddress"
4) Save your form.
5) Take the full source code of your form (Share>Advanced Options> Full Source code)
6) There should be a similar line below right before the tag </form> starting with
<input type="hidden" class="form-hidden" ...
<input type="hidden" class="form-hidden" value="" id="input_5" name="q5_pageaddress5" />
Keep note of the id of this line. For this example it is input_5
7) Paste the html source code of your form to your page but you will need to add these lines right after </form> tag
NOTE: I have used the id I have found in step 6 in the code. You will need to change the input_5 with your id that you have found in step 6.
Please try the steps above and let us know if it works for you or not.
Thank you for using JotForm!