- reciproc8Asked on January 29, 2013 at 07:25 PM
I created a form and embedded it but changes are not showing up. Why is this?
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on January 29, 2013 at 09:31 PM
If you can share to us the URL of the website where the form was embedded, we can check for any issue also.
Will await your update.
- reciproc8Answered on January 29, 2013 at 11:00 PM
I just made an entirely new form. That solved the problem but was a major hassle. I am so easger to give you guys money because you're so awesome...but the non stop bugs makes me hesitant :)
Thanks for getting back to me
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on January 30, 2013 at 12:07 AM
Sorry about that. Updates are actually almost instant, but somtimes it takes a little time for the form to update since it may take sometime for the form cache to be cleared but it should always work faster. I would also recommend to use "www" on your form URL instead of "form" e.g. http://www.jotform.com/form/xxxxxxxx, this is to skip CDN so you will not experienced any delay issues anymore. Also, this might sometimes due to the user's browser which caching the older version of form. Clearing your browser's cache might help as well.
Thanks and have a pleasant day!
- reciproc8Answered on January 30, 2013 at 12:32 AM
I just made a new form with a video embedded but when I embedded the jotform form onto my WP page, it shows up with an older version of my form. How can I fix this?
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on January 30, 2013 at 12:48 AM
Like I've previously mentioned, you can try changing "form" to "www" on your form URL. Example.
Also, have you tried clearing your browsers cache? Give it a try as it might help refreshed the old cache stored on your browser.
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on January 30, 2013 at 02:02 AM
Sorry but your last reply came empty. Please post it on this thread instead. Thanks!