- richgeaseyAsked on January 31, 2013 at 01:28 PM
I want to create a form 160 wide. I can set that no problem. However when I create a field the entry box hangs off to the right and past the 160 edge. Also, I'd like to scoot the fields more to the left edge of the form. A lot of wasted space.
- pinoytechAnswered on January 31, 2013 at 01:38 PM
Can you please share to us the URL of your Form for further assistance?
- richgeaseyAnswered on January 31, 2013 at 04:16 PM
See the fields are too much to the right. Also, is there a way to tighten up the vertical seperation? I want it a little tighter together.
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on January 31, 2013 at 11:19 PM
To remove the left padding of form contents, inject this CSS codes to your form.
padding-left: 0 !important;
Follow this guide: How to Inject Custom CSS Codes to your Form
Also, is there a way to tighten up the vertical seperation? I want it a little tighter together.
Here's a guide: How can I change spacing between questions?
Let us know if you have further questions. Thanks!
- richgeaseyAnswered on February 01, 2013 at 12:42 PM
Thank you Elton! Is there a way to further push up the Submit form. The entry forms look perfect, but I'd like to move it up a few more pixels by itself.
- pinoytechAnswered on February 01, 2013 at 01:16 PM
Inject this codes into your form.
margin: 0 0 0 0 !important;
If need further assistance, do let us know.
- richgeaseyAnswered on February 01, 2013 at 02:30 PM
OK, almost there now. I added this but did not see results as I have added two HTML boxes. One above and one below the submit box. How can I close that gap as well.
Appreciate the fast responses!
- JotForm SupportDeygusAnswered on February 01, 2013 at 03:01 PM
Would something like this work http://form.jotform.us/form/30315479884160? All I did was change the question spacing to 0. If not then this would have to be adjusted using some more custom css to close the gaps better if that's more what you prefer?
- richgeaseyAnswered on February 01, 2013 at 03:30 PM
Deygus, I think for now that looks good enough! I'll look at it once I get all of the moving parts working and see if I can tighten it up a bit more. But hey, I am 90% there and that's great.
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on February 01, 2013 at 03:52 PM
You may also replace your <p> tags on the HTML fields with <span> or <div> for example. It should clean some unwanted space.
Please let us know if you need any further assistance.
- richgeaseyAnswered on February 01, 2013 at 04:17 PM
Yup, that worked!
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on February 01, 2013 at 04:19 PM
It is nice to hear that.
You are quite welcome, Rich.