- glandoreghycAsked on February 01, 2013 at 05:20 AM
I am getting email notification from submitted forms that are not complete, however when i look at the Incomplete Payments log i see the form and it looks complete, i can only assume that PayPal payment went wrong somehow....
But why do i get a partically completed forms via email notification?
- jefreylandichoAnswered on February 01, 2013 at 06:40 AM
To fix inconsistencies between email alerts and your actual form, you will have to delete your old notification and create a new one.
1. Click on Setup & Embed > Email Alerts > Notification (or whatever its name is)
2. In the Compose Email screen, click Delete Email
3. After deleting, click on Setup & Embed > Email Alerts > Add New Email
4. Choose Notification, click Next then finish the Email Alert Wizard
A new, untouched email alert will always display fields as it is displayed on the form.
Note that if you apply changes to the email alert, it will be tagged as "dirty" by the Email Wizard and will no longer be updated (to protect the changes you made).
That means whenever you apply changes to the form such as adding, deleting, rearranging, and renaming fields, those changes will not reflect on the email alert automatically. You will have to manually update the email template.
Hope this helps.
- glandoreghycAnswered on February 01, 2013 at 06:49 AM
You answer would make a lot of sense if it were not for the fact that for 90% of the form submissions it all works fine.
But thanks for the time in responding
- glandoreghycAnswered on February 01, 2013 at 07:44 AM
I decided to implment your suggestion so i went back deleted the emails i had set up and started again.
Let's see what happend.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on February 01, 2013 at 07:47 AM
To Know more about Incomplete Payment or Pending Submissions, please kindly check this guide: https://www.jotform.com/help/135-How-to-View-Pending-Submissions.
If a user closes the browser or didn't settle the payment after being redirected to the Payment Page, this will be logged as a Pending Submission. It will only be posted as a valid submission if the user completed the Payment and was able to completely process the transaction.
And I think that what you have received to your email address is the new feature that have been added by our developers just a few days ago. It is the Email Notifications for Incomplete Payment.
1. Right click on the Paypal Payment Tool
2. Click Properties
3. Find "Pending Payment Email" and set to "Yes"
- glandoreghycAnswered on February 01, 2013 at 07:59 AM
If i set it to Yes, doesn't that mean that i will get an email, i only want an email after payment is complete.
- JotForm SupportDeygusAnswered on February 01, 2013 at 10:00 AM
Hi John, actually the answer to that is Yes you would get an email if you leave that set to " Yes ". As stated above that option basically controls whether or not you are notified of having a Pending Payment.
- glandoreghycAnswered on February 01, 2013 at 11:23 AM
So i have left at No as i only want an email after payment completion