- JotForm FounderaytekinAsked on February 04, 2013 at 11:29 AM
An email from user:
Thanks so much for your message! I absolutely love JotForm and was completely jazzed to use it — one of your support folks, Emily, reached out to me right away and was able to answer (almost) all of my questions.
The only problem I have is that I simply cannot get the Mailchimp integration to work properly. I’ve tried all the suggestions from Emily and nothing works. The last email I received basically told me to go to the forums and see if someone can help there. So I did — I’ve tried all the suggestions I can find there, too. I can’t get my custom fields of City and State to show up, no matter what I try! I’m quite frustrated, and I’m quite tech savvy.
Is there somewhere I can get some help? I’d very much like to use JotForm! I think it’s great!
Thanks so much,
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on February 05, 2013 at 09:08 AM
The problem with this is that the user's City and State fields on JotForm are text boxes. Based on my tests, only drop downs (for city and state) can be mapped from JotForm to MailChimp. Should this be changed?
If not, then the user's problem can be handled on the support level, by suggesting to the user to add dropdown fields for City and State on his form, then map it to his MailChimp list.
- jeanettebmzAnswered on February 05, 2013 at 01:00 PM
Customer has been notified over the email . Cheers!
- jeanettebmzAnswered on February 05, 2013 at 10:46 PM
Ok, this is what the customer replied to us, so based on his response, the workaround Neil has proposed to is not feasible for him
On Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 2:01 PM, **** wrote:
Hi Jeanette,A dropdown might be possible to select a state, but it’s not possible to make a finite list of cities — there are too many options. Also, this doesn’t work if the person filling out the form is international and wants to put in a province or something else in the state field.Or am I misunderstanding something...?Thanks so much for helping me sort this out! I’d love to use JotForm if we can get this fixed.-Josh--On Feb 5, 2013, at 11:58 AM, *** wrote:
After making some tests we have determined that you need to use dropdown fields in your form for City and State , then map them to your mailchimp list.
Let us know if it was of a help in your end
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on February 06, 2013 at 03:35 PM
Well, according to my tests, our MailChimp integration can only map predefined (JotForm-side) fields such as full name, date, and dropdowns (there may be others).
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on May 07, 2013 at 10:57 AM
Update on this request. We have already recently added "address" field integration. So, if you use an address field on your form, you can carry this data to MailChimp.
1. Add an Address field under Quick Tools first.
2. Add an Address field on Mailchimp List
3. On the MailChimp integration wizard match these two fields
4. Done. When someone submits the form you will receive it in your mailchimp list database