- markashtonAsked on May 14, 2010 at 07:38 AM
I'm trying to make a decision on which product to go on.
My main criteria is to have a degree of seperation from my clients and the jotform environment as I'll effectively design forms and sell onto clients.
The Jotform premium looks a good option but the bottom line is that clients will be able to access data by sharing but will not be able to delete any of their form records and will have to download the same records every time just to acquire any new records, i.e. excel spreadsheet.
This is why the hosted is attractive because I can brand, have seperate user accounts, and they can delete individual records when finished.
Am I correct in my thinking here?
I would be grateful for your advice on which you feel to be most appropriate
Kind Regards mark
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on May 14, 2010 at 09:54 AMYes, I think JotForm Hosted or Application would be a perfect choice for your needs. It will be branded with your logo and you can provide users accounts where they can see their data and delete entries.
On the other hand, if you get JotForm Premium you can provide your clients with an Excel spreadsheet feed. So, that's also possible but it wouldn't be branded like Hosted or Application.
- awong6Answered on June 27, 2010 at 06:10 PMIs version 3 available yet for hosted solutions? Thanks, Andy
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on June 28, 2010 at 10:08 AMUnfortunately no. Version 3 is not available as Hosted solution currently.
- langleyAnswered on September 22, 2010 at 05:30 AM
When will it become avaialble?
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on September 22, 2010 at 05:53 AM
We can't say when/if it will be available for licensing at this time. If there is too many request we might make it available for licensing. The version 2 is very stable and smaller. So, it actually works much better as a hosted solution.
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on October 21, 2010 at 07:06 AM
Update: JotForm Application for v3 is now available for licensing.
- langleyAnswered on October 21, 2010 at 07:57 AM
I think the demo shown here is still version 2 or am i wrong? http://formsdemo.interlogy.com/
The interface doesn't look like the one on jotform.com. Am i missing something? Thanks.
- techtriadincAnswered on October 21, 2010 at 11:15 AM
Please clear this up for me. The Premium account does not allow my web clients to log in and manage their forms but the Professional Account does allow for multiple sub-logins, right? Premium mostly increases the number of submissions my total client base can receive. Is that correct?
With a Professional Account, does a user see only his own forms or is it an interface that only my firm logs into to produce or edit forms and download data? I know it's branded, but am unsure what that branding "gets" for me. Are there sub-accounts or do users see EVERYONE'S forms when they login?
Is the purpose of professional mostly for the web firm or so the users can edit their own forms after we create them, buid new forms and download their own data? Or is the purpose of Professional different - other than the greater number of submissions and space allowed?
I'm a bit confused as to the difference and would like an FAQ about what Premium and Professional do for the web designer who wants to use Jotform for multiple clients.
Thanks for the clarification. This is an outstanding product and we're eager to use it with more clients.
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on October 21, 2010 at 02:44 PM
langley: We haven't updated the demo.
techtriadinc: Professional version does not have sub-accounts. Only one account. However, you can share the reports with your clients.
- awong6Answered on October 21, 2010 at 04:18 PM
I am signing up for the basic hosted plan today, that will be v3 right?
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on October 22, 2010 at 07:22 AM
Yes, it is already setup.
- activatesAnswered on December 02, 2010 at 08:57 PM
I purchased Hosted Basic a couple days ago. How can I get in contact with someone to find out what location to point the CNAME to? thanks ahead of time.
- hasn20Answered on December 03, 2010 at 01:58 AM
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on December 03, 2010 at 04:13 AM
I sent an email right after your purchase. I think you did not receive it. I just sent another one, please let me know if you do not receive it.
- activatesAnswered on December 03, 2010 at 08:27 AM
thank you! sorry I missed the email the first time around. It was in my Spam inbox :( My bad! I'll get the CNAME pointed in the right direction. Thanks for a quality product!
- markashtonAnswered on January 01, 2011 at 02:53 PM
How you getting on with the Hosted Basic? I'd be grateful if you'd let me know your experience with it.
- guest_22815416476053Answered on October 08, 2012 at 02:01 PM
hi how to sign in by (test) user on jot form company demo cane you write me by link?
- JotForm SupportEduardoMendezAnswered on October 08, 2012 at 02:44 PM
Please take a look at jotform.com
Simply create a free account on bottom right side of the page.
Let us know if you need assistance!