- Joel ThompsonAsked on February 08, 2013 at 11:48 AM
how can I pass a list of things that I want to show up on the form?
I'd like to pass something like <name>:<value>, and have the "name" show up on the list, and the value be what is submitted.
LA Event Feb 22:la_feb22
SF Event Jun5th:sf_june5
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on February 08, 2013 at 01:13 PM
Apologize! But your inquiry seems like a little too confusing for me. Can you please elaborate it a little?
But let me say something, after creating a form, Form Notifications is automatically setup. This will pass you the submitted data together with what you have in your form, so let say:
Name: Welvin Cudas
You can also see the submitted data in your form Submissions page, to view submissions page:
1. Click a form in your My Forms page
2. Click "Submissions" in the toolbar
- Joel ThompsonAnswered on February 08, 2013 at 01:41 PMOK, so in particular:
1) on the form, I want to show a list of events that the user will
2) the list of events goes from a different server (perhaps google
calendar or XML webservice or something like that)
3) the XML or list, is dynamically accessed when the form renders for
the user to fill in.
this way they can select the proper event, and then submit through
Specifically on your form it would generate something like this HTML
(where the "name and values would
come from the external webservice - ie google calendar).
S.F. event on Jan 23rd, 2013
L.A. event on Mar 13rd, 2013
Hope that helps.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on February 08, 2013 at 02:28 PM
Thanks for that information. Now, I think listing events and letting users to select from another source is something not possible with Jotform. You can however embed a Google Calerdar into our form using the FREE Text HTML field but make sure that Google Calendar is in HTML Format, it may serve something like a reference for the event.
Listing of Events can be done using our Dropdown Field, Check Box Field, Radio Button Field. We also have the DateTime Field.
With regards on generating submissions, you can generate either Excel Format or CSV. You can also create a report that generates HTML Listing Format or Grid Listing format.
Let us know if you need something else.