- ggerzevske1Asked on February 10, 2013 at 11:26 PM
I was wondering is there a way to setup my jot form contact form so that when a user hits the submit button it pops up a pop up box that says the form was submitted and the user has to hit on to continue the submission process?
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on February 11, 2013 at 01:58 AM
Unfortunately that's not possible with the current version of JotForm. However, the pop-up box can be achieved when you get your form source code and apply extra codes there to create such function. It works something like this: http://idarktech.myartsonline.com/jotform/popup/test_jotform_popup.html
Let us know if you need further assistance. Thanks!
- ggerzevske1Answered on February 11, 2013 at 08:18 AM
I was wondering how do i setup the pop up box like in this example when the submit button is pressed? like when is the code i put in? here is the link to the example. http://idarktech.myartsonline.com/jotform/popup/test_jotform_popup.html
- jefreylandichoAnswered on February 11, 2013 at 08:58 AM
To do this, you will need to add a function called onsubmit. On the link you provided you will see the code
Note that you must embed your form using IFRAME
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on February 11, 2013 at 09:13 AM
In addition to my colleague, here's a guide on how to apply the pop-up function.
1. Get your form source code. Follow this guide: How to get your Form Source Code
2. Add this script at the top part of the entire form code. http://pastie.org/pastes/6116605/text
3. Now to call this on your form, simply add an onsubmit event on your form tag. onsubmit="validateForm('popup.html',400,200);"
<form class="jotform-form" action="http://submit.jotform.com/submit/23303095789965/" method="post" name="form_23303095789965" id="23303095789965" accept-charset="utf-8" onsubmit="validateForm('popup.html',400,200);">
Be sure to replace popup.html file, to the HTML file you'd like to pop up over the form when submit button is clicked.
4. To avoid the submissions page to load on the new tab, simply declare an iframe code. Add it before the ending </form> tag. Example:
<iframe name="loadself" width="0" height="0">
5. Last is to add a target attribute with the iframe name value e.g. loadself under <form code as seen on the first example above, highlighted in skyblue.
Let us know if you have any difficulties with any of these steps. Thanks!
- ggerzevske1Answered on February 11, 2013 at 03:21 PM
I am haveing a vary hard time accomplishing what i need to do to get a pop up alert to appear when a user hits submit on my form. I was wondering can you provide me with a working sample on my form here is the url http://form.jotform.us/form/30027517323141
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on February 11, 2013 at 03:49 PM
- ggerzevske1Answered on February 12, 2013 at 12:11 AM
Thanks so much for your help.
- ggerzevske1Answered on February 12, 2013 at 05:01 PM
I have another question. I was wondering insteand of making my form open a new window to say thank you then redirect to my form. I was wondering is there a way i can make it when a user hits submit a dialog box will pop up saying redirecting to google for example and when the user hits ok they will be taken to google for example?
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on February 12, 2013 at 10:51 PM
The sample page I give you won't close the popup window automatically until you click "X" to closed it. In the popup page, you can add the Google Link there. Well, it still redirect your user to your custom URL.
- JeetuAnswered on March 27, 2017 at 06:04 PM
It is possible and I have done it . There is nothing to worry and not the hard work , just some logics should be implemented . Here is what i did .
Copy the source code of the jot form and customized it with the following steps .
1). Get Css and html for the simple popup . Keep the popup html under the form .
2). Here is one button to submit the form . and in the popup you have the link to display the popup. Replace the submit button of the form with popup link . and keep submit button in the popup .
That's it , When you will run the page , You will see the popup link in place of submit button . When you click and open the popup here you will get the message and submit button .
Clicking on the submit button will trigger the action you have assigned to the jot backend .
Use that updated source code to display the form .
Hope i have explained it better . But you can reach to me if any confusion .