- ultrasepsAsked on February 12, 2013 at 11:21 AM
I have a simple form for mailing list signups and I'd like the form (and others like it) to show the customers email address in the From Field when I receive the email and not From Jotform.
I have followed the instructions here: http://www.jotform.com/answers/121173-How-can-I-get-the-from-field-in-my-inbox-to-show-the-customer-s-email-address
However if you look at my screenshot, I can't select Sender Name as "Your email address" Its not there?
I'd like to use a form from you to handle product download requests although I really need these forms to be received with the From Field populated by the email address entered within the form.
- KadeJMAnswered on February 12, 2013 at 11:59 AM
I have taken a look at your form and email notification setup and to do that you need to change the Sender's Name to " Your Name " and also the Sender E-Mail to " Your E-Mail " and this will remove the notice of it coming from JotForm so that instead it will become the Senders information to reply to.
- pinoytechAnswered on February 12, 2013 at 12:03 PM
Base on the form referring on the thread you provide, I found out that he/she using Text Box field and set validation to Email instead of E-mail field in order to achieve that.
Please take a look at this: http://www.screencast.com/t/wUCjXfan1
If you'll need further assistance, do let us know.
- ultrasepsAnswered on February 14, 2013 at 09:22 AMNew response receivedFollowing your example below results in the email received with the From Field displaying the end users name.
I need it to display their email address only.
- ultrasepsAnswered on February 14, 2013 at 09:22 AMNew response receivedFollowing your instructions results in 2 email fields on the form which can be confusing? It also sends 2 emails to me, one is labeled Notification 2 and this one does display the end users email address in the From field. The other contains the users name in the From field.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on February 14, 2013 at 11:50 AM
Hi, can you please confirm if you are still having this issue. I could not reproduce this issue on this form https://www.jotform.com/30306197521953
Will await your updates.
- ultrasepsAnswered on February 15, 2013 at 04:17 AMNew response receivedI was able to get it working correctly after trying different configurations.
Set as the screenshot attached delivers mail with the From Field displaying the form users email address.