- wyndiewhitneyAsked on February 12, 2013 at 06:28 PM
Not live on a site now, still working in iWeb and testing there. It brings me to the error page each time. Not sure what I've done wrong. I am using the embed and iWeb, then pasting it to the HTML widget in iWeb. I also tried using the iFrame method and that didn't work either.Page URL:
- speelAnswered on February 12, 2013 at 06:39 PM
You might want to check out JotForm's iWeb guide on how to embed the code correctly onto their servers.
- wyndiewhitneyAnswered on February 12, 2013 at 10:25 PM
Thanks, I've done it exactly like that and am getting the error message still :(
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on February 12, 2013 at 11:51 PM
Please try it now and let us know the results. I've just cleared the cache from our end.
- wyndiewhitneyAnswered on February 13, 2013 at 12:05 AM
Sorry, no. I even went thru all the steps again and applied it in the HTML widget again and the same error page comes up.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on February 13, 2013 at 12:20 AM
You are located at the US area so your form embed URL should have the jotform.us domain so please try embedding your form using this codes:
<iframe id="JotFormIFrame" onload="window.parent.scrollTo(0,0)" allowtransparency="true" src="//www.jotform.us/form/30384453954156" frameborder="0" style="width:100%; height:1699px; border:none;" scrolling="no"></iframe>
But unfortunately, we are having problems with jotform.us base forms, are not visible or loads too slow. Please kindly update us if you will experience the said issue so we can forward this to our developers for further checking.
- wyndiewhitneyAnswered on February 13, 2013 at 12:28 AM
I was able to add it to my FaceBook Page and it is working fine from there.
I replaced the code in my iWeb with the one you provided above and still have the same error. (Error Form ID did not match)
Thanks for your help, I appreciate it!
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on February 13, 2013 at 12:35 AM
It would be good if you can transfer the site to make it live and so we can check. Haven't you tried clearing your browsers cache, can you please try that?
- wyndiewhitneyAnswered on February 13, 2013 at 12:41 AM
I'm in the middle of moving my site to a new host now so I cannot make it live at this time. I will try again when it is live to see if that changes. I did reset my browser and still see the same error. I am thinking it must be iWeb since it is working fine in FaceBook? I don't know.
- pinoytechAnswered on February 13, 2013 at 12:52 AM
We are looking forward hearing from you. Thank you!