- JeffreyAsked on March 18, 2011 at 01:33 PM
Does anyone know what browsers are compatable with the progress bar on the file uploads. It looks great on Chrome on my Mac, but we don't see anything on Internet Explorer. This is kind of a big issue for us. What are the browser compatabilies/Requirments and will they be expanded?
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on March 18, 2011 at 02:56 PM
Thank you for notifying us of this bug. I will forward this issue to our developers so we can have this fixed in the soonest time possible.
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on March 18, 2011 at 03:23 PM
It has been tested on all browsers. Can you let us know these:
1. Which version of Internet Explorer were you using?
2. Exactly what is the URL of the page that has this problem?
- allegraAnswered on March 18, 2011 at 05:19 PM
Internet Explorer 8
Please note that this form is termporarly "burried" in another page of our site for testing purposes.
- allegraAnswered on March 18, 2011 at 05:20 PM
The file uploads do work, it's just that you don't get the progress status. I do see a blue cancel button until the upload is complete, but we're not sure all customers would understand the files are being uploaded in the background.
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on March 20, 2011 at 05:14 AM
I understand your concern about customers not being able to tell if the files are being uploaded or not. However, you do not need to worry about getting submissions without uploaded files, as the user will get a warning that a file is still being uploaded whenever he attempts to submit the form, navigate to another page, or close the browser window.
As you can see from this screenshot, a "loading" image appears right after the filename. I am using IE8 so this problem is already fixed.