- cstonemediaAsked on February 13, 2013 at 03:46 PM
The code below that I have updated is not showing the changes when I insert it into my web page.
The page looks like this right now, but doesn't reflect the changes I made in the table size and text.
- JotForm SupportpaoloumalidevAnswered on February 13, 2013 at 04:16 PM
Apologies for the inconvenience. We received an update that delay issue across datacenters should have been fixed by now. Are you able to confirm?
- cstonemediaAnswered on February 14, 2013 at 09:29 AMNo the problem is not fixed.
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on February 14, 2013 at 11:05 AM
I have cleared caches on all of your forms. This should fix the problem.
- cstonemediaAnswered on February 15, 2013 at 04:17 AMIt still doesn’t reflect the changes. Here is how the page currently looks…http://www.cornerstonenashville.org/children/c-kids-camp. However, the “(if applicable)” statement is not supposed to be ‘one block’ as it appears right now. I have changed that to ‘two blocks’ as the attached code should show.
Now I get this error message (see attached jpg).
- cstonemediaAnswered on February 15, 2013 at 04:17 AMOk, now the error is fixed, but the changes I make thru the jotform are not actually saving, even though I press the “save” button. The attached image shows the changes I’ve made in its own “preview,” but when I grab the code, the code is not reflecting the changes, as if they were never saved.
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on February 15, 2013 at 05:54 AM
I can view the changes you've mentioned here. It seems to be displaying fine on my end. Here's a full screenshot of the form on your website. Both the form on edit mode and the live preview seems to be the same.
I would suggest to clear your browser's cache and cookies if you are still viewing the outdated version of your form. Let us know if this doesn't make any change. Thanks!
- cstonemediaAnswered on February 15, 2013 at 12:00 PMOk, I see that it is now reflecting the changes. The only problem is that I deleted the text “click to edit this text…” several times on this form…why is it still showing?
- jefreylandichoAnswered on February 15, 2013 at 01:11 PM
We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Can you please try clearing your browser cache again and see if it works