- imadkaramAsked on March 20, 2011 at 06:01 PM
When I submit a form or a survey, a "thank you" page appears and lets me navigate away from Facebook which means I have to type again Facebook in the address bar to get back to the FB fan page where my form was embedded.
Is there a way to avoid this and somehow make the user stay on the FB fan page after submitting a form?
- JotForm Supportemily13Answered on March 21, 2011 at 10:04 AM
You can set up your Thank You page to redirect back to Facebook.
If you look in the Setup & Embed tab then select the Thank You item in the menu bar you will see three options. I believe you currently have Default Thank You Page selected. If you select Custom URL and hit Next, you will be able to enter the address of the page you'd like your users to be redirected to. This may be the page they came from, your main Facebook page, a specific Thank You page you've set up on Facebook, or somewhere else entirely!
Hope that helps!
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on March 21, 2011 at 10:05 AM
Here's the script:
<!-- setTimeout("location.href = 'http://www.facebook.com/something/123456?whatever=something' rel="nofollow noopener";",1500); -->
Note: the 1500 represents milliseconds. So this means it will redirect in 1.5 seconds after loading the script.
1. Edit your form
2. Click the Thank You button on top
3. Choose the Thank You message radio button
4. The WYSIWYG editor will show up, Click the HTML button to edit the source code. (click the image below to enlarge in a new window)
6. Click the Update button and Click the Finish button in the WYSIWYG editor
Now test and see for yourself.
Hope this helps
- megsonlinestoreORDERFORMAnswered on June 07, 2011 at 12:55 PM
the code is still working? :)
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on June 07, 2011 at 01:27 PM
Thank you for posting your reply.
Unfortunately, due to security reasons, inserting scripts in Jotform's thank-you page using custom thank you message is no longer allowed.