- gototenerifeAsked on March 22, 2011 at 09:31 AM
Is it possible that when i receive an email into my inbox (outlook2003) generated via JotForm from our website that i can reply to sender & not be reliant on the sender typing their email address correctly as is the case with normal emails.
- JotForm Supportemily13Answered on March 22, 2011 at 10:00 AM
There is no way of checking that a user has correctly typed their address, but we do have built in validation to check that the text input is in a valid email format.
If you have chosen the E-mail field from the Quick Tools menu this will already be set, otherwise, click on your email field, then on the Validation icon and select Email.
I hope that helps,
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on March 22, 2011 at 10:00 AM
OK after seeing emily13's response, the question confused me a bit. To give another answer: I agree with emily13. Also, they will need to enter their email address to your form properly if you want to capture their email address. To see if they have correctly entered it, maybe you can create a 2nd textbox and putting a condition that it should be similar to the email address field (haven't tried that yet). And then ...
If you want the sender to be coming from the person who filled up the form:
1. Add a hidden field to your form.
2. Put in the value the email address that you will use as sender
3. Go to Email Alerts > Notification > Reply-to and Receipt Settings
4. Under Sender Email:, select from the dropdown the email address field for the person to fill
5. Click Finish.
Image screenshot sample below: