- misebazAsked on February 23, 2013 at 06:51 PM
- pinoytechAnswered on February 23, 2013 at 10:35 PM
We apologize for the inconvenience that may have caused. Can you please share to us the URL of your Form to investigate the issue and for further assistance?
- misebazAnswered on February 24, 2013 at 04:11 AM
- jefreylandichoAnswered on February 24, 2013 at 06:25 AM
Can you try embedding the form using IFRAME and see if it works?
- misebazAnswered on February 24, 2013 at 06:45 AM
The same issue occurs.
- pinoytechAnswered on February 24, 2013 at 09:47 AM
Sorry for the inconvenience that may have caused. As I've check your form using latest version of Chrome and IE, I wasn't able to replicate the issue. The changes/update is already refleted in to your form.
After you re-embed your form code into iFrame, have you tried already clearing your browser cache and cookies? If not, can you please give a try?
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on February 24, 2013 at 12:21 PM
Sorry for the delay. It took me an hour to figure out a workaround :). Please clone this form and use it on your website.
I have added some CSS and html fields that blocks decimal number fields so it doesn't jump on the next line specifically on IE7 browser. IE7 is just way to old so it's probably a compatibility issues but the provided workaround should help.
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on February 24, 2013 at 12:25 PM
Here's a screen on IE7 with a fix applied.