- lydiafundAsked on February 26, 2013 at 07:03 PM
People submit populated application forms to us via JotForm. Normally when I pull up a new one and click "Get pdf", I get a nice clean looking multi-page document with clickable links. But in the last couple of days, on some of the pdfs the text is much smaller, as if JotForm were trying to sqeeze everything onto one page, and the links aren't clickable. Oddly, this happened on a few recent ones, but not on the most recent one. Even more oddly, it happens on some of the older ones that were fine when I first converted them weeks ago. And I've even seen one or two new ones that opened fine yesterday but not today, and vice-versa. What's going on?Page URL:
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on February 26, 2013 at 07:42 PM
Will you be able to share to us a PDF file that you have this problem? We can check that pdf file.
I tested this on one of your submission (from Lydiay Fund form), I was able to download the PDF fiel via Get PDF from submissions page, the resulting pdf file is fine though.
Will await your updates.
- lydiafundAnswered on February 26, 2013 at 07:53 PM
Hi. Thanks for responding so quickly.
Here's an example of one of the weird ones: http://www.jotform.com/submissions/21337952399161
I noticed several things:
1. Most of the text is shrunk onto the first page.
2. Some of the text (that would normally be near the end of the application) is missing (doesn't appear on the first page, nor any page after).
3. There are additional pages which appear to be any and all attachments that the applicant submitted if they were submitted as a pdf. This has never happened before. We normally just just get the application form itself when we click "Get pdf".
4. I can't click on any of the links on page 1.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on February 26, 2013 at 08:10 PM
I was rather looking for the PDF file output.
If I understand your original problem correctly, you were referring to the output pdf file when you use the Get PDF button in the forms submissions page.
As mentioned already, I downloaded one of your submission result using the Get PDF procedure and I got just a fine pdf file
Please correct me if its NOT the pdf file you are referring to.
- lydiafundAnswered on February 26, 2013 at 08:39 PM
Yes, you selected one that works. What happens if you pull the application that's immediately adjacent to it (the Erickson application)? That's one of the ones that doesn't work for me.
I can send you the actual pdf document if you explain how I send you an attachment...
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on February 26, 2013 at 09:32 PM
I was able to see the problem you were referring to. I downloaded the next 2 submissions, and I see the issue on the width and wrapping of the data in the PDF file.
This was actually a glitch that had been just previously resolved (check this thread). Perhaps there is some glitch remaining the reason for this result.
I will elevate this to our next level support for a ticket so that it can be address to immediately.
I apologize for any inconvinience cause. What I can suggest for now, is to download the submission in another format (Excel, CSV) or integrate to google spreadsheet so that you can have other means of viewing the submission reports. (You can print the google spreadsheet to PDF file too.)
You will be informed immediately when our developer have say on this issue.
- lydiafundAnswered on March 09, 2013 at 03:55 PMHi
The formatting problem appears to be fixed now, but the other problem still persists… In the pdf that comes up, additional pages are tacked on. These pages are opened versions of some of the links that are in the application form. I haven’t check thoroughly, but it appears that this phenomenon only happens if the link is to a jpg document.
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on March 10, 2013 at 06:23 AM
Thanks for the updates.
For the other issue, would you mind providing a screenshot that shows the problem so we can investigate it further? Is this happening on your new submissions? If yes, is it possible if you could provide the pdf file?
We'll wait your reply. Thank you.