- armada26858Asked on February 28, 2013 at 02:06 PM
the correct tab isnt appearing to allow different document /file types
- KadeJMAnswered on February 28, 2013 at 05:41 PM
You need to go into the formbuilder, select the file uploader field, then you can add in the Extensions for the file types you want to be accepted. By default it will already be filled in with the most commonly used ones.
- KadeJMAnswered on February 28, 2013 at 05:45 PM
Something I forgot to mention since you said that you want to allow All File types is to erase the list and just put an " * " (astrick symbol). This will allow you to accept all file types without inputting every single file type there is.
Please see this guide http://www.jotform.com/help/29-Upload-Field-Allowed-File-Types which also has a video containing the use of the * in it.
- armada26858Answered on March 01, 2013 at 02:45 AMim not using this form, its a different form not to post files but to allow them to be posted and there is no an extension tab for the form I'm using so this doesn't help
heres a pic
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on March 01, 2013 at 05:28 AM
When you say it's a different form, do you mean it's not from JotForm? If so, it is not possible. We can not help you with it. However, if it's from JotForm you can set that when you click your file upload field as per instructed by my colleague.
- armada26858Answered on March 01, 2013 at 05:31 AMlook at the picture i put did you notice it is from jot form.. yes it is
your colleague and you didn't look at the image i posted showing my screen comparing with the screen he showed me its different take another look
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on March 01, 2013 at 05:36 AM
Sorry about that. Unfortunately we can't view the pic you've mentioned.
If you have attached the picture via E-mail then sorry but it can't be carried over here in forum. We'd suggest to post it on this thread instead: https://www.jotform.com/answers/186755-Im-using-the-universal-upload-template-how-can-i-make-it-accept-all-types-of-files-documents-.
You can Upload the image to our Image Repository and post here the Image URL so we can review it.
- armada26858Answered on March 01, 2013 at 05:40 AMthis is the form i am using its not the same as the one you guys are saying
ITS NOT THE ONE IN FORM TOOLS!!!! it has different purpose and there is no ext tab for it is there a way to make it accept all files?
- armada26858Answered on March 01, 2013 at 05:40 AMok forget the picture
I'm using the universal upload form from the templates search area not the one in form tools
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on March 01, 2013 at 05:55 AM
Nevermind, I just realized you are using Filepicker.io tool not the normal file upload tool under Form Tools. Unfortunately we do not have such option on the Filepicker.io tool. It still on developers to do list. No ETA as of yet but once it is added you will be informed here.
Thanks and apologies for the misunderstanding. Thanks!