- MarilynLittAsked on February 28, 2013 at 11:35 PM
I have two different forms that I save as .csv files. JotForm is stripping the Uniique ID from the first record on both of these forms. I tried deleting the first record and JotForm deleted it from the second record.
This is a problem as we are trying to share data and they are using that ID.
Marilyn (Lost Dogs of Texas)
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on March 01, 2013 at 02:07 AM
I was able to replicate the issue so I have this thread forwarded to our Level 2 Support for further checking about this matter.
While waiting for an update from them, I would suggest you to export or save the files as Excel and Save the file again in your computer as CSV before sending them it out or simply use the Excel.
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on March 05, 2013 at 04:40 PM
I can't recreate this problem. May I ask if you still experience this issue on your end?
- MarilynLittAnswered on March 07, 2013 at 04:39 AMIt is still cutting off the unique number and the date. Make a CSV
report. Save it and open it and you will see the last record missing this
data. This was bumped to second level because they did recreate the
I attach a file I just downloaded. Record 7 is missing this info. As a
result, it cannot be processed. What is really needed is the ability to
send a group of forms in csv via ftp! Since I cannot, I have to download
to my harddrive and send from there, but even that will not work without
the missing data.
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on March 07, 2013 at 02:51 PM
Sorry about that. I am now able to see the problem. I'll look into it and have a fix available as soon as possible.
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on March 07, 2013 at 04:11 PM
Problem has been fixed.